Easy Sauteed Green Beans with Bacon
Easy Sauteed Green Beans with Bacon made with fresh green beans sauteed until tender and topped with bacon and lemon juice is a light, healthy side dish perfect for holiday dinners or every day!
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice I usually just squeeze some over the beans
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese optional
In a large skillet, melt the butter and olive oil over medium heat.
Add the green beans and bacon, and cook for about 10 to 15 minutes, stirring frequently or until beans are slightly soft. Add more butter or olive oil, if necessary
Add salt and pepper, and the shredded Parmesan cheese.
Sprinkle with fresh lemon juice right before serving.
Calories: 90kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 405mg | Potassium: 247mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 880IU | Vitamin C: 13.9mg | Calcium: 111mg | Iron: 1.2mg