Instant Pot Taco Pasta
Instant Pot Creamy Taco Pasta is a creamy, cheesy, delicious dinner ready in about 30 minutes. It's like a beefy Mexican Mac and Cheese.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or use taco seasoning instead of spices
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onions
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1-pound box medium pasta shells, uncooked
- 4 cups water or beef broth
- 1 ½ cups chunky tomato salsa
- ¼ cup sour cream use 1/2 cup for extra creaminess
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
Hit SAUTE on the Instant Pot, and when it reads hot, add the olive oil. When it reads hot again, add the ground beef, and break up meat with a flat spatula
When meat is no longer pink, add the sea salt, cumin, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onions and pepper, and stir until well coated.
Hit CANCEL, then add the pasta shells, water and salsa. Do not stir. Cover, then turn valve to sealing position
Hit PRESSURE COOK for 4 minutes, and when pot beeps, hit CANCEL, and do a gradual quick release
When pin drops, carefully remove lid, and gently stir pasta. Stir in sour cream and cheeses until well combined and serve immediately
Recipe was made in 8-quart Instant Pot with Barilla pasta and On the Border mild chunky salsa. Can be made in 6 quart without changing anything.
Can substitute 1 packet of taco seasoning for the spices.
For frozen beef, cook 1 pound for 10 minutes with 1 cup water or broth for 8 quart and 1/2 cup for 6 quart. Meat should be thawed enough to break up and proceed with recipe.
Calories: 189kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 678mg | Potassium: 316mg | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 520IU | Vitamin C: 1.1mg | Calcium: 194mg | Iron: 1.6mg