Orange Creamsicle Peeps Cake
This orange creamsicle peeps cake tastes just like the frozen treats!
- 1 box of Creamsicle cake mix
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1 3.4- oz box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup water plus extra water if necessary
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can of Orange Creamsicle frosting
- 1 8- oz container of Cool Whip or whipped topping
- Orange Peeps and mandarins for garnish
Follow the directions on the cake mix box to make the cake. I substituted melted butter in place of the oil that the box called for.
Bake cake and allow to cool.
Mix the vanilla pudding mix and the orange juice and water together, and add the vanilla plus some extra water if necessary to thin the mixture out enough so that it's thin enough to pour easily.
Poke holes in the cake with a large straw, and pour the pudding mixture all over the top of the cake.
Allow to cool in the refrigerator before frosting.
Mix the Cool Whip and the frosting together until combined, and spread evenly over the cake.
Garnish with Peeps and some orange slices, and enjoy!
Calories: 363kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 69mg | Sodium: 530mg | Potassium: 127mg | Sugar: 37g | Vitamin A: 355IU | Vitamin C: 12.4mg | Calcium: 153mg | Iron: 1.3mg