Instant Pot Kielbasa Cabbage Soup
Instant Pot Kielbasa Cabbage Soup with potatoes and carrots is an easy pressure cooker soup recipe loaded with vegetables and smoked sausage.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 4 minutes
pressure time 10 minutes
Total Time 29 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion or 1 small onion
- 3 large garlic cloves chopped
- 1 rope kielbasa sliced, then sliced into half circles
- 4 medium Yukon Gold potatoes cut into thick chunks
- 1 cup carrots sliced thick, about 2 large
- 2 celery stalks sliced thick
- 1 small cabbage cored and cut
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes undrained
- 32 ounces low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Hit SAUTE on the pressure cooker, and when it reads Hot, add the olive oil, chopped onions, garlic and kielbasa, and cook, stirring frequently, until sausage is lightly browned and onions are slightly soft
Hit CANCEL, deglaze pot with some of the broth, if necessary, and add the remaining ingredients to the pot. Pot will be full, but liquids should be below the fill line, so it's okay.
Place lid on pressure cooker, make sure vent is at Sealing position, and hit PRESSURE COOK for 4 minutes
Pot will take a few minutes to reach pressure (time will vary with different models) then begin counting down and start cooking
When pot beeps, allow a 5 minute natural release, then quick release remaining pressure
When pin drops, carefully remove lid, stir soup well, and serve
Recipe is for 6 quart or larger pressure cookers.
For easier prep, use thick baby carrots.
Make sure not to cut vegetables too thin if you want them firmer. Can do a quick release for even firmer veggies.
For lower carb soup, replace potatoes with cauliflower or radishes.
Calories: 93kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 290mg | Potassium: 529mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 2307IU | Vitamin C: 35mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 3mg