These Easy Teriyaki Chicken Tacos with Pineapple Avocado Salsa are bursting with flavor. And, they take less than 20 minutes to make!
This post is sponsored by Johnsonville. However, all opinions are completely my own.
I love just about anything that makes my life easier, especially when it comes to making dinner. So when Johnsonville reached out and asked me to try their new chicken Kabobs, I was more than happy to accept.
You probably know all about their sausage products, but the Kabobs are made with just chicken, cut up, seasoned and ready to grill. It doesn’t get much easier than that!
My family loves teriyaki chicken, so I chose the Johnsonville Teriyaki Chicken Kabobs. You can also choose from Lemon and Herb, Sweet BBQ and Sweet Chili Lime.
You can eat these Kabobs right off the stick with maybe a little dipping sauce if you want, and believe me, they’re great as is. I couldn’t resist sneaking a quick bite. But I thought it would be fun take the meat and turn these into some awesome tacos — think fusion food, a wonderful mix of Mexican and Asian flavors.
These teriyaki chicken tacos are super easy because all you have to do is cook the meat and prepare the toppings for the tacos. The teriyaki seasoning is perfect, and it’s not too heavy, either. Just follow the directions on the package, and in about 10 minutes or so, the meat is done, and you’re ready to build your tacos!
How to Make Easy Teriyaki Chicken Tacos with Pineapple Avocado Salsa
Easy Teriyaki Chicken Tacos with Pineapple Avocado Salsa
- 2 packages of Johnsonville Teriyaki Chicken Kabobs total
- 3 cups ripe avocados seeded and diced (about 2 )
- 1 cup diced pineapple chunks
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno peppers
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- Fresh crema or sour cream if desired
- Small tortillas
- Prepare chicken according to package directions
- Heat tortillas on grill or in a small pan on the stove, cover and keep warm
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the pineapple, avocados, lime juice, cilantro, salt and pepper
- Remove chicken from skewers, and place in warm tortillas
- Top with pineapple avocado salsa, shredded cabbage and crema, if desired
I made a simple salsa with a mix of pineapple and avocado slices, jalapenos, cilantro and lime juice. It’s sweet and slightly spicy and the perfect complement to the teriyaki flavor. I served the tacos with a little crema and some shredded cabbage for extra crunch. And the result was just out of this world.
They’re tender, juicy, crispy, sweet, spicy and well, just pretty darn good, if I do say so myself.
My family loved these teriyaki chicken tacos with pineapple avocado salsa, and thanks to the new Johnsonville Chicken Kabobs, they were super easy to make. I hope you’ll give them a try, and if you do, let me know what you think!
Have a super day, friends!