Baked mozzarella sticks are filled with stretchy cheese and covered in a crunchy, crispy crust made with Goldfish® Crackers. You can make these cheesy snacks with your kids, and your whole family will enjoy them!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
My kids love Goldfish crackers, and I’ve been packing them in the kids’ lunches since my oldest was in kindergarten. Even today, my teens enjoy snacking on the crackers as much as their younger siblings do.
We usually stick with the cheddar variety since that’s what the kiddos prefer, but sometimes, I’ll buy the original flavor or maybe even the pretzel flavor.
And once in awhile, I like to make a snack mix by mixing different varieties of the Goldfish crackers and other snack items together.
So yes, we definitely go through a lot of these tasty little crackers, and I usually always pick up a few packages whenever I’m at the store. When I was at Walmart the other day, I spied these 30-ounce cartons on rollback. Since we go through so many smaller packages, these larger sizes are exactly what we need!
My kids asked to try the Flavor Blasted® Xtra Cheddar this time, and the Pretzel flavor.
Instead of serving the Goldfish crackers as snacks, the kids and I put our heads together and decided to use them as a coating for baked mozzarella sticks.
I love having the kids help out in the kitchen! Not only does it give us a chance to spend time together, but it also helps them practice math and reading while learning how to cook.
The mozzarella sticks are super easy to make, and the kids can do most of the prep work without help.
First, I cut the mozzarella sticks in half since it’s easier to eat this way. Then, we mixed up some buttermilk and mustard for coating the cheese sticks. We also chopped up some Goldfish crackers in the food processor and added some panko bread crumbs for extra crispiness.
Then, you dip the mozzarella into the buttermilk.
Next, you dip the cheese sticks into the coating. You may have to roll them around a few times to make sure you get enough coating all over the cheese.
Then, you place the cheese sticks on a wax-paper lined baking sheet. When all the sticks are coated with crumbs, place the tray into the freezer for about 30 minutes. You can alse leave them in overnight if you want. I’ve done that without a problem, and it just helps the cheese from oozing out when baked.
How to Make Baked Mozzarella Sticks with Goldfish® Cracker Crust
Baked Mozzarella Sticks with Goldfish Cracker Crust
- 6 in mozzarella cheese sticks cut half
- 2 cups ground Goldfish crackers
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Cut mozzarella sticks in half
- Mix buttermilk and mustard together in a shallow bowl
- Mix panko breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and ground Goldfish crackers in another shallow bowl
- Dip each mozzarella stick into the buttermilk mixture
- Then, dip each mozzarella stick into the breadcrumb mixture, and place on wax-paper lined tray
- Place tray in freezer for about 30 minutes
- Transfer mozzarella sticks to a separate baking sheet and bake at 425 degrees for about 10 minutes or until cheese begins to soften
- Remove from oven, and immediately place sticks on a serving dish
In only about 10 minutes, you have these crispy, crunchy baked mozzarella sticks. Serve them with your favorite dipping sauce, and you’re good to go.
My kids just love the stretchy cheese and the crispy Goldfish cracker crust. And honestly, so do I!
If your kids enjoy snacking on Goldfish crackers, I think they’ll love these baked mozzarella sticks with a Goldfish cracker crust!