Cinnamon Roll Casserole is an easy recipe for a breakfast bake made with canned cinnamon rolls. Perfect for a weekend breakfast or holiday brunch!
This quick and easy cinnamon roll casserole recipe is a delicious way to enjoy the taste of freshly baked cinnamon rolls without all of the work.
While nothing compares to homemade cinnamon rolls, I love this easy recipe for a special Sunday brunch, a lazy Saturday morning or an easy Christmas morning breakfast or Easter brunch.
My whole family adores this breakfast bake so much that we enjoy it all year long -- not just for holiday brunch. Cinnamon roll bake is also a great way to make Pillsbury cinnamon rolls taste homemade!
Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Casserole Ingredients
There are just a few simple ingredients in this easy French toast casserole. You can find them in a grocery store if you don't have these pantry staples on hand.
- Canned cinnamon rolls -- any brand. You will need 2 packages for this recipe.
- Butter -- room temperature butter to grease the dish and flavor the casserole
- Eggs -- large eggs
- Half and half -- for the custard. Sub whole milk or heavy cream if you like.
- Vanilla extract -- flavors the casserole
- Cinnamon -- adds flavor
How to Make Cinnamon Roll Casserole
First, preheat oven to 350 degrees f. Grease the bottom of the baking dish with the softened butter.
If you have butter leftover, just break it up into smaller pieces and leave it in the dish.
Next, whisk eggs, half and half, vanilla and cinnamon in a small bowl until fully combined.
Open both cans of refrigerated rolls. Break into individual pieces, and cut each cinnamon roll into quarters -- 4 pieces each.
Save the cream cheese frosting for later. It will warm up and soften as the casserole bakes.
Place the pieces in an even layer on the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Any gaps between the pieces will fill out as the rolls bake.
Then, pour the egg mixture evenly on top of the cinnamon rolls. Place in the oven, uncovered, on the middle rack.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the casserole is golden brown, firm and most of the liquid is absorbed. The center may be softer, but it shouldn't be soggy.
You can let it bake a little longer if you need to as all ovens are different.
Allow this tasty cinnamon roll casserole to cool down for about 5 minutes. Then, spread the cream cheese icing on top of the warm casserole. Top slices with with real maple syrup or caramel syrup or chocolate syrup.
What to Serve with Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole
For a simple breakfast, serve fresh fruit in season, scrambled eggs and sausage with this delicious French toast bake.
For holidays, balance the sweetness of the casserole with other savory easy breakfast casserole recipes like Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole, Ham and Cheese Breakfast Strata or Sausage Sourdough Breakfast Casserole. Love all things breakfast? Check out more delicious breakfast recipes!
How to Store and Reheat
Store leftover breakfast casserole in an airtight container in your refrigerator for up to 4 days. You can freeze leftovers for up to 3 months for best taste.
Reheat the casserole at 300 degrees until heated through. Or microwave individual pieces for a few seconds.
For a make ahead cinnamon roll casserole, assemble the casserole, cover and refrigerate overnight. Bake the next day.
We love the texture of this delicious cinnamon roll casserole, but if you want a drier texture, use only 2 eggs. Or bake for about 30 minutes or until the top is a dark golden brown.
To halve the recipe, use 1 can of refrigerated cinnamon rolls, cut other ingredients in half and use a smaller casserole dish.
Cinnamon Roll Casserole Recipe
- 2 14-oz cans refrigerated cinnamon rolls
- 3 tablespoon butter, softened room temperature
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup half and half or heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees f
- Grease a 13 x 9 baking dish with butter
- In a small or medium bowl, whisk the eggs, half and half, vanilla and cinnamon until well blended
- Cut cinnamon rolls into quarters, and place in an even layer on the bottom of the prepared baking dish
- Pour the egg mixture evenly on top of the cinnamon rolls
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until casserole is golden brown, puffy and firm
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Spread softened cream cheese icing on top of casserole before serving
Nutrition information is estimated. Please do your own calculation to fit special diets.
This delicious cinnamon roll casserole is a family favorite for any special occasion. If you enjoy this recipe as much as we do, please leave a star rating and/or comment!
For more easy breakfast recipes and easy recipes the family will love, sign up for the weekly newsletter and follow on social media.