The Best Easy Pumpkin Muffins from scratch are made in one bowl with applesauce and just a hint of spice. They’re delicious and perfect for fall baking!
When fall rolls around, my kids start begging me to make pumpkin muffins. In the past, we’ve made pumpkin muffins with chocolate chips and pumpkin muffins from cake mix. But this year, we went all out and made semi healthy pumpkin muffins with applesauce — from scratch!
It actually took several tries to get the recipe just right. The muffins were either too dense or had too much pumpkin spice — that happens!
So finally, after supplying the kids and their friends with enough pumpkin muffins to last until Christmas, we got it right. These pumpkin muffins are the best of the bunch!
We used applesauce instead of oil, brown sugar instead of white, and we went easy on the pumpkin spice. I wanted the pumpkin flavor to be the star.
Oh, and best of all, these pumpkin muffins are made in just one bowl, so cleanup is super easy. And that’s why I’m calling these the best easy pumpkin muffins ever!
How to make the best easy pumpkin muffins
Whenever I make one-bowl muffins or cake or anything with eggs, I add the eggs first.Then, I stir them up a little and add the remaining ingredients.
You can use a hand mixer for the muffins or make them with a stand mixer. If you want, you can mix the batter by hand.
Next, add the batter to the muffin tin. You want these pumpkin muffins to be as tall as possible, so fill the muffin cups as high as you can.
The muffins take about 20 minutes to bake, and that’s it. Aren’t they gorgeous?!
Bake some of these homemade pumpkin muffins on the weekend, and you have a grab-and-go breakfast or snack ready to eat during the week. They’re perfect for fall, and they make your home smell amazing!
Recipe for the best easy pumpkin muffins
The Best Easy Pumpkin Muffins
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1/3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease a 12-cup muffin tin
- In a large mixing bowl, add the eggs, and beat slightly
- Add the remaining ingredients, and use a hand mixer to blend together until smooth. Batter may have some small lumps, but don't overmix
- Fill muffin cups almost to the tops with batter, then bake for 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean
- Remove from oven, and allow to cool slightly, then remove from muffin tin, and serve
I hope you enjoy these easy pumpkin muffins as much as we do!