Baked Honey Chipotle Chicken Tenders are sweet, spicy, easy to make and ready in 20 minutes. They're perfect for game day or a quick meal anytime!
So, y'all probably know by now that we eat a lot of chicken. I mean, I'm pretty sure that I share at least one chicken recipe each week. Sometimes, we'll have beef or pork, but chicken is on the menu more than anything. In fact, my kids mentioned this the other day! So I definitely have to get creative with the chicken recipes and not make the same kind of chicken over and over.
And with the big game around the corner, spicy food is practically everywhere right now. So, it's perfect timing for these sweet and spicy honey chipotle chicken tenders.
These babies are loaded with flavor. They get sweetness from a blend of honey and brown sugar, and spice from adobo sauce. In fact, they taste a lot like the honey chipotle tenders from Chili's, except that they're baked and not fried. So you can munch on them without guilt! These are also gluten free, so just make sure the adobo sauce or chipotle sauce you use is too.
These chicken tenders are also super quick and easy to make, and they're ready in just 20 minutes! Just mix the sauce, brush it on, and bake!
I like to give the chicken a double layer of flavor, so I spooned a thin layer of honey chipotle sauce on the tenders and used a brush to spread it on evenly. Then, I baked them for 10 minutes.
I drizzled the remaining sauce over the chicken and baked it for a few more minutes. And that's all there is to it!
These chipotle chicken tenders are definitely spicy. If you like heat, you'll love these! But you may want to serve an easy dipping sauce to cool them off a little. You can whip up an easy homemade ranch dressing or use your favorite brand.
How to Make Baked Honey Chipotle Chicken Tenders
Baked Honey Chipotle Chicken Tenders
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken tenders
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onions
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with heavy duty aluminum foil, and spray lightly with non-stick cooking spray
- Place chicken tenders on tray, and season with sea salt and garlic powder
- In small bowl, mix adobo sauce, honey, minced onions and brown sugar, and brush thin coat evenly over chicken
- Bake for 10 minutes, and add remaining sauce over chicken, then return to oven and bake for another 10 minutes or until internal temperature is at least 165, according to thermometer
- Serve immediately, and enjoy!
Nutrition information is estimated. Please do your own calculation to fit special diets.
You can make a batch of these baked honey chipotle chicken tenders for a delicious game day appetizer or whenever you want a quick and easy lunch or dinner. Use them in sliders, on salad or just like this.
My family loved them, but we did go through a lot of ranch!