One Pot Creamy Chicken and Tortellini Pasta is a delicious, dinner that’s super easy to make, kid approved and ready in just under 30 minutes. Even picky eaters enjoy this one!
So, I thought life would slow down once school was out, and for the most part, it has. But, my two oldest have summer jobs, and sometimes, I like to whip up an easy dinner just so that they can have something decent to eat before going to work. Is that a typical mom thing, or what?! Anyway, even if we’re on a more laid-back schedule, one-pot dinners still rule in this house. They make cleaning up so much easier too, and that means we can get out of the kitchen fast and move on to better things, like dessert, right?
This chicken and tortellini skillet is probably the speediest one-pot dinner yet, and it’s definitely one of my personal favorites. We’ve probably had this about a half a dozen times in the last couple of months, and I even made it for the Hubs on his birthday. It’s really that good!
I first shared this easy chicken tortellini dinner over at the Weary Chef last month, and now, I’m sharing it here. The only difference is this last time around, I added some Dijon mustard to the sauce. It gives it a little extra tang, but if you’re not a fan, you can easily leave it out.
It starts off with chicken tenders, which means the prep work is super easy. Just throw the tenders in a skillet and cut them up as they cook. Also, since you’re using refrigerated tortellini, the pasta cooks in no time. I also like to add some fresh spinach — pasta, meat and veggies all in one dish!
The sauce is creamy, but I like to add sundried tomatoes at the end. I absolutely love how they taste, and I love the added pop of color they bring to the whole dish. Food has to look good too, right?! Please tell me I’m not the only one who thinks that way.
How To Make One Pot Creamy Chicken and Tortellini Pasta
One Pot Creamy Chicken and Tortellini Pasta
- 1 pound fresh chicken tenders
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 20 ounces refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 cups fresh spinach roughly chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup heavy cream or half and half
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons sundried tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the chicken and garlic in the olive oil until brown.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the water and tortellini. Cover and let cook on medium-high heat until pasta is soft (follow time guideline on package directions).
- Add the spinach, heavy cream, mustard and Italian seasoning. Simmer until spinach is soft.
- Stir in sundried tomatoes
- Top with Parmesan cheese, and serve.
You can serve this easy one pot creamy chicken and tortellini pasta dish with a side of fresh bread, a dinner salad or eat it just as it is. I don’t think you need the bread, but the Hubs loves the stuff, so it’s up to you.
Have a super day!