One Pot Creamy Garlic Chicken Pasta features seasoned chicken, penne pasta and zucchini in a garlic cream sauce and takes only 30 minutes to make.
A few weeks ago I shared a super easy recipe for one-pot chicken penne pasta that was made with Ragu Homestyle sauce. That post was sponsored, but I honestly loved the product, and so did the family. I decided to make a slightly different version of the dish, using another flavor of sauce.
Now, I have to say that homemade sauce is the best, and I love making my own. But unless I make it in advance and let it hang out on the stove for an hour or two, it just doesn’t taste the same. And that’s when it’s time for a good shortcut.
For this recipe, it’s all about the garlic, and I used Ragu Homestyle Roasted Garlic, which has tons of flavor. If you can’t find this, you can use any brand of roasted the garlic sauce. Or if you make your own sauce, you can definitely use that!
I wanted to create a creamy sauce this time around, but I still wanted the garlic flavor to shine through. So, in addition to the sauce, I also seasoned the meat with garlic powder as it was browning.
This isn’t a date night dinner, just in case you were wondering. But since the kids are heading off to school soon, this meal is great for boosting the immune system!
And because the dinner cooks all in one pot, you won’t have a huge mess to clean up, which makes it a perfect quick and easy meal for busy weeknights.
How to Make One Pot Creamy Garlic Chicken Pasta
One Pot Creamy Garlic Chicken Pasta
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders cut into small pieces (about 2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- teaspoon ½ black pepper
- 2 cups fresh zucchini chopped (about 2 medium zucchini)
- 2 cups water
- 1 23- oz jar roasted garlic pasta sauce
- 2 cups mini penne pasta about ½ a pound
- 2 cups cream
- 1 1/2 cups fresh Parmesan cheese shredded
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish optional
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Season the chicken with garlic powder, sea salt and pepper
- In a large pot, cook the chicken in olive oil until brown on both sides
- Stir in the pasta sauce, penne pasta and water
- Cover, and cook on high until pasta is almost cooked, stirring frequently, and add more water if necessary
- Add the zucchini and the cream, reduce heat to medium, and let simmer until zucchini is slightly soft
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese, remove from heat, top with more Parmesan cheese and fresh herbs, if using
- Serve immediately
This chicken pasta dinner is creamy, cheesy and delicious! If you’re thinking that it’s too much garlic, don’t worry. The cream helps to tone down the garlic a little, and the taste is just right.
My family was absolutely crazy about this one-pot creamy garlic chicken pasta, and the Hubs even had seconds. That tells me something right there!
So, if you’re looking for an easy chicken dinner that’s just slightly different from the usual, I hope you’ll give this one a try, especially if you happen to love garlic.
Have a super day, friends!