This recipe post was sponsored by Avocados From Mexico in partnership with the Mom It Forward Influencer Network. However, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
These Avocado Dip Wonton Cups are easy to make and fun to munch on. If you’re looking for a quick appetizer for the Big Game, your guests will love these mini snacks!
Can you believe the Big Game is right around the corner? That means it’s time to load up on easy appetizers, delicious dips and other tasty snacks. Even if you’re not a football fan, it’s fun to just hang out and enjoy some good food with family and friends!
Speaking of fun, wouldn’t it be fun to win a giveaway for $1000? You can find the details a little later on in the post!
You all probably know how much I love easy dip recipes, so when I found this easy avocado dip in my grandma’s recipe collection, I knew it would be perfect for game day. It’s similar to guacamole, which is one of my all-time favorite things to eat. Seriously, it’s so versatile, and in addition to dipping, I like to slather it on burgers, sandwiches and even breakfast burritos!
Anyway, this avocado dip is actually a lot easier to make because you don’t have to chop up onions or peppers for this dip. In fact, the dip itself requires hardly any prep work, so it comes together in just a few minutes.
To make this even easier to eat, I decided to serve the dip in mini wonton cups. It’s ideal for entertaining, and these little avocado dip cups are super fun to eat! The wonton cups take about 5 minutes to make, and while they’re cooling off, you can get started with the dip.
To make the avocado dip, you start out with a few Avocados From Mexico. They’re always in season, and you can find them all year long! Just mash them up in a mixing bowl, and add the remaining ingredients.
This avocado dip also has a surprise ingredient — cottage cheese! The cheese adds some extra protein and creaminess to the dip without adding a lot of extra calories. It blends right in with the other ingredients, so if you’re worried about how it tastes, I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised. My picky eaters loved it!
For even more flavor, I added some TABASCO® Sauce. It’s made with just 3 simple ingredients — vinegar, a little salt and vine-ripened tabasco peppers, and that’s it! So, it’s perfect for a simple dip like this or just about any dish. I even know people who love to add a splash or two of this versatile sauce for extra flavor at breakfast!
After you make the dip, just add a teaspoon or more to each of the wonton cup. Set the cups on a serving platter, and let munching begin!
Fun Facts About TABASCO® Sauce
- TABASCO® Sauce ingredients are marinated for three years in wood barrels before the sauce is bottled.
- Made from vine-ripened, red jalapeño peppers over a pecan wood fire, TABASCO® Sauce is the perfect addition to the Big Game food spread.
- TABASCO® Sauce’s pepper mash is aged in white oak barrels for up to three years on Avery Island, Louisiana.
Looking for More Recipes Made with Avocados From Mexico and TABASCO® Sauce?
- 7 Layer Dip Pizza from The Typical Mom
- Breakfast Burrito Bowls from Little Dairy on the Prairie
- Crock-Pot Breakfast Burritos from Mad in Crafts
- Guacamole Egg Rolls with Spicy Ranch Dipping Sauce from An Affair from the Hearta Rafflecopter giveaway
Recipe for Avocado Dip Wonton CupsAvocado Dip Wonton CupsPrep Time10 minsCook Time5 minsTotal Time15 mins
Avocado Dip Wonton Cups are made with creamy spicy guacamole and served in mini wonton cups for added crunch. They're perfect for snacking!Course: AppetizerCuisine: MexicanServings: 24Calories: 85 kcalIngredients
InstructionsFor Wonton Cups
- 24 wonton wrappers cut in half
- 4 ripe Avocados From Mexico cut, seeded
- 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 7- ounce can diced green chiles drained
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 2 teaspoons TABASCO® Sauce
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray
Place two wrappers, overlapping each other, in each cup
Poke holes in wrappers with fork
Bake for 5 minutes or until golden brown
Add avocados to a mixing bowl, and mash with potato masher
Stir in lime juice, sea salt and garlic powder
Add green chiles and cottage cheese, and mix well
Stir in TABASCO® Sauce, and mix well
Fill each wonton cup with avocado dip, and serve
Don’t forget to pin this recipe!
Be sure to follow Avocados From Mexico and TABASCO® Sauce on Social Media!
- Facebook: Avocados From Mexico AND TABASCO® SAUCE
- Twitter: Avocados From Mexico AND TABASCO® SAUCE
- Instagram: Avocados From Mexico AND TABASCO® SAUCE
- Pinterest: Avocados From Mexico AND TABASCO® SAUCE
- Campaign Pinboard