Easy Chocolate Peppermint Fudge is a velvety smooth no-bake holiday treat that takes just a few minutes to make. Everyone loves it!
Even though I love baking during the holidays, I like to make a few easy no-bake treats, too. It's all about balance, right?! The kids usually make a batch of festive chocolate dipped Christmas pretzels to share with their friends, and I like to make some bourbon balls for the adults.
But today, we're talking about fudge. I think everyone has a favorite recipe for fudge that they make for Christmas. Actually, when I was was growing up, my mom's neighbor used to always send over a plate of Fantasy Fudge. Anyone remember that? It was super rich, but way too sweet for me, and that's definitely saying something, because I have a huge sweet tooth!
So I was never a big fan of fudge until I started making this peppermint version. It's sweet, but it's not too sweet -- the peppermint definitely balances it out. And of course, you can't go wrong with the classic chocolate peppermint combo!
This fudge recipe is super easy, and it takes about a minute in the microwave -- seriously. You just mix the ingredients together, melt the chocolate and pour the fudge into a foil-lined pan. And friends, please don't skip the foil -- it makes clean-up a breeze, and you need this during the holidays!
Next, you smooth the mixture out and top it with crushed peppermint candies. You can crush some candy canes or look for crushed peppermint candy in the store.
I also added some red and green candy sprinkles, just for a little bit of extra color.
Pop the pan into the fridge for about an hour, and the fudge is done. Just peel off the foil, and cut it into small pieces.
Mine were about an inch, and I got about 40 pieces from this recipe. I say about, because we sampled a few pieces before we remembered to count them!
How to Make Easy Chocolate Peppermint Fudge
Easy Chocolate Peppermint Fudge
- 1 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 cups semi sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- crushed peppermint candies and holiday sprinkles for garnish
- In a large microwaveable bowl, melt the semi sweet morsels and the sweetened condensed milk in the microwave, in 15-second increments, stirring frequently until melted
- Stir in the peppermint extract and sea salt
- Spread mixture into a foil-lined 8x8 baking dish, and smooth with spatula
- Sprinkle top with crushed peppermint candies and candy sprinkles, and press in slightly
- Place in refrigerator for about 1 hour or until firm
- Cut into 1-inch pieces, and store in a covered container
Seriously though, isn't this chocolate peppermint fudge gorgeous? We thought so, but that didn't stop us from eating it.
I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.