Easy Enchilada Chicken Bake is a quick and super easy, low-carb way to enjoy the taste of chicken enchiladas without all of the work. You'll love this 30-minute one-dish dinner!
I love chicken enchiladas, and whenever I make them, my family scarfs them down like nobody's business! The only problem is that I do have to plan ahead and have cooked chicken on hand, and they do take some extra time and effort. And if I'm in a hurry, I usually make One Pan Creamy Enchilada Chicken Pasta or Southwestern Lasagna, instead.
So when I saw this recipe for Cheesy Mexican Meatballs on my friend Andi's blog, I knew I had to try it. I went out and bought everything I needed, but I somehow managed to forget the ground beef. Seriously. I think I had my kids with me that day and got distracted. It happens a lot.
Anyway, I did have some boneless skinless chicken breasts on hand, and I used those to make this easy low carb baked enchilada chicken, which was originally posted over at The Weary Chef.
If you're looking for a quick and easy chicken dinner recipe, I think you'll love this one, especially if you happen to like Mexican food. It really does taste like chicken enchiladas, but it's so much easier!
Basically, all you do is season some chicken, pour your favorite enchilada sauce over it and bake until it's just about done. Then, you top the chicken with lots of cheese, bake it for a few more minutes, and top it off with avocados, guac, tomatoes, or whatever you want.
Not only is this chicken dinner a low carb version of enchiladas, but it's also a quick and easy one pan dinner that requires minimal prep. And that means less work for you! Seriously, this recipe takes about 5 minutes to prepare and just 30 minutes to cook -- yes!
How to Make Easy Enchilada Chicken Bake
Easy Enchilada Chicken Bake
- 4 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups red enchilada sauce
- 2 cups grated cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
- Preheat oven to 400
- Coat a large baking dish with a thin layer of nonstick spray or olive oil
- Add chicken to baking dish and season with salt, pepper and cumin
- Cover with enchilada sauce and bake for 25 minutes or until chicken reaches internal temperature of 165 degrees
- Top with cheese and bake for about 5 more minutes or until cheese melts
- Serve with sour cream, avocado slices, tomatoes, shredded lettuce or your favorite enchilada toppings
Nutrition information is estimated. Please do your own calculation to fit special diets.
My family loved this easy enchilada chicken bake, and I hope you will, too! You can even cut the chicken in half and double the servings for a delicious budget friendly dinner.
Sharing at Weekend Potluck