These individual no bake OREO cheesecakes are cool, creamy and filled with crushed OREO cookies. They're perfect for a quick and easy summer dessert.
What is it about summer and desserts? We don't have desserts that often during the rest of the year, but it seems that I'm making them very frequently now that summer is here. Maybe it's because we have more time to eat now, or maybe it's because the kids are home to help -- yeah, that's definitely it.
A couple of months ago, we made some mini strawberry cheesecakes, and the kids have been asking to try a different flavor. The only problem with that is that it's way too hot to use the oven right now. It was nearly 120 degrees last weekend, although the temperature has cooled down to around 112 the last few days. But still, I'm avoiding baking anything right now.
So that means it's the perfect time for making no-bake desserts! My younger daughter has been begging to make something with OREO cookies, and a no-bake cheesecake sounded good to everyone.
Instead of making a whole cake, I thought it would work better to make individual desserts. The kids have been bickering like crazy lately, and I didn't want any arguments over the the size of the slices. Believe me, these kiddos of mine can and will argue over anything!
I couldn't find the exact recipe I was looking for, so I used a basic one for plain no-bake cheesecake. I haven't made it in a long time, but basically, it's just sweetened condensed milk and cream cheese, plus a few other things. I used to add cherry pie filling over the top, but this time we used the cookies.
We had a lot of fun experimenting with this recipe, and it result was absolutely delicious -- super easy, too!
How to Make Individual No Bake OREO Cheesecakes
Individual No Bake OREO Cheesecakes
- 2 8- oz packages of cream cheese softened
- 1 14- oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 package OREO sandwich cookies 36
- Crush all but a few of the cookies and set aside
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, vanilla extract, sugar and condensed milk
- Beat with an electric mixer on high until smooth
- Add lemon juice
- Fold in about half of the crushed cookies to the mixture, and use the remaining cookies as a crust in serving glasses and as a topping
- Spoon cream cheese mixture over the cookie crumbs and top with whipped topping or whipped cream and remaining crumbs
- Add whole or sliced cookies to the top as a garnish
I know that some of the measurements for the cookie crumbs aren't exact, but I think you can add as much as you want to the filling. You can also use more cookies and make a layer in between the filling. This recipe is super easy to customize.
The family loved these individual no bake OREO cheesecakes. We had a light salad for dinner, so this easy dessert was the perfect way to end the meal -- tasty too!
Sharing At Weekend Potluck, TT&J, Met Monday, The Scoop