This Red White and Blue Cheesecake Salad recipe is an easy dessert salad with fresh strawberries and blueberries in a creamy cheesecake dressing. The perfect patriotic dessert or side dish for Memorial Day and Fourth of July!
If you need an easy side dish for your Fourth of July celebrations, try this cool and creamy red white and blue cheesecake salad recipe.
This colorful fruit salad is made with a combination of fresh berries and mini marshmallows in a deliciously creamy dressing.
Even though some call it a salad, this sweet side dish can easily double as a no bake dessert! And although this berry cheesecake salad recipe is perfect for patriotic holidays, you can enjoy this refreshing side dish on any hot summer day!
Berry Cheesecake Salad Ingredients
There are just a few simple ingredients in 4th of July cheesecake salad. You can find them in your grocery store.
- Strawberries -- Use fresh strawberries, not frozen. This is the red component, but you can sub raspberries if you prefer.
- Blueberries -- Fresh blueberries add the blue color. You can use blackberries if you have them.
- Cream cheese -- Thawed cream cheese at room temperature is easiest to work with.
- Vanilla extract -- for flavor
- Powdered sugar -- for added sweetness
- Mini marshmallows -- Fluffy marshmallows are a classic addition to dessert salads
- Cool Whip -- thawed. You can use homemade whipped cream, but it doesn't hold up as well.
How to Make Red White and Blue Cheesecake Salad
First, wash the berries, and pat dry. Pick out any stems from the blueberries. Then, cut strawberries into bite-size pieces.
In a large bowl or mixing bowl, beat the softened cream cheese with an electric mixer (hand mixer) until smooth and creamy. Add the vanilla and powdered sugar, and mix until smooth and well combined.
Add the berries and mini marshmallows. Then, gently stir in about half of the Cool Whip.
Mix until the berries are coated with the cheesecake mixture.
Finally, fold in the remaining whipped topping. Make sure to scrape any cheesecake mixture from the sides of the bowl.
We like to add some festive patriotic sprinkles to the top of this red white and blue salad. This is completely optional, but it's a holiday salad!
How to Store Creamy Fruit Salad
This creamy strawberry blueberry fruit salad is best served right away or within a few hours of preparation. Store the salad in an airtight container in your refrigerator until ready to eat.
The fresh fruit will make the salad wetter the longer it sits, but it is still delicious the next day!
Make sure cream cheese is at room temperature and the Cool Whip is thawed before using.
If you want to add more fruit for more of a very berry cheesecake salad, use 16 oz whipped topping and more marshmallows.
Be sure to dry the rinsed fruit as much as possible before adding to the salad so the dressing doesn't get too wet.
More Red White and Blue Foods
- Red White and Blue Poke Cake
- Watermelon Feta Blueberry Salad
- Patriotic Popcorn
- Red White and Blue Pretzels
- Red White and Blue Bark
Red White and Blue Cheesecake Salad
- 8 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 16 oz fresh strawberries rinsed, dried and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 11 oz fresh blueberries rinsed and dried with stems removed
- 1½ cups mini marshmallows
- 8 oz Cool Whip thawed
- Prepare the berries, and set aside. In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and creamy
- Add the vanilla extract and powdered sugar, and mix until well combined
- Fold in half the Cool Whip. Add the strawberries, blueberries and mini marshmallows to the cheesecake mixture.
- Add the remaining Cool Whip, and stir until creamy. Top with patriotic sprinkles if desired.
Nutrition information is estimated. Please do your own calculation to fit special diets.
Strawberry Blueberry Cheesecake Salad is a great addition to your July 4th celebration or any summer potluck. My family absolutely loves it, and I hope you do too!
Please leave a star rating and/or comment if you try this easy recipe.
For more patriotic desserts and easy recipes your family will love, sign up for the weekly newsletter and follow on social media.