These fudgy One Bowl Chocolate Caramel Brownies are super easy to make and even easier to eat! If you love chocolate and caramel, this dessert is for you!
Chocolate is definitely my weakness — always has been and probably always will be! In fact, I can easily pass on most desserts, especially if I’m trying to cut back. But I just can’t say no to chocolate — no way! And while I’m really not a huge fan of caramel by itself, pair it with chocolate, and I won’t resist.
And that brings us to these rich, chewy, fudgy chocolate caramel brownies. They’re super easy to make, and you only use one bowl to prepare and mix the batter. I’ve been making the basic brownies forever, and last Christmas, I even made a peppermint version. So this time around, I thought I would add some caramel.
I made the caramel brownies twice this week, which seems excessive, even for me. But the kids were sure happy about it!
Actually, I was testing out different pan sizes. The first time, I tried making them in a small 8 X 8 pan. These were awesome, but they were super thick and took a long time to cook. The second time around, I used my regular 9 X 13-inch pan, and this batch was way better.
Some people prefer cake-like brownies, but I love mine as soft, chewy and fudgy as possible. And these chocolate caramel brownies are definitely fudgy. The key is to not overcook them, which can be tricky since they’re very soft when they first come out of the oven. They do firm up as they cool, so you just have to be patient.
And that, my friends, is much easier said than done! Personally, I could eat these brownies right from the pan, with a spoon. So, I waited until they were barely cool, and then, I took a few pictures.
I probably should have waited a little bit, but I was afraid that these babies would be gone if I didn’t get pictures right away. Dessert tends to go disappear super fast around these parts!
So, you can see that these are pretty soft, but they did firm up by the time we had dessert. And now, they’re perfect!
How to Make One Bowl Chocolate Caramel Brownies
One Bowl Chocolate Caramel Brownies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips (divided)
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 16 pieces caramel candies, cut into smaller pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut caramel candies in half, and set aside
- In a large microwaveable mixing bowl, combine butter and 1 cup of chocolate chips, and melt in short increments in microwave. Allow to cool slightly
- Stir in the vanilla and eggs, one at a time
- Add the flour, sugar, baking soda and cinnamon, and stir until combined
- Pour about half the mixture into greased 9X13 baking dish, and bake for 10 minutes, or until mixture starts to set
- Remove from heat, and place about 20 caramel slices and about 1/4 cup chocolate chips evenly over chocolate.
- Use a spoon to drop remaining batter over the chocolate and caramel and spread, slightly
- Top with remaining caramel and chocolate chips, and bake for additional 15 to 20 minutes, or until brownies are firm and toothpic inserted into center comes out mostly clean. Do NOT overbake!
- Allow to cool completely before serving
These one bowl chocolate caramel brownies are stuffed with chocolate chips and caramel, and they taste absolutely amazing. The first batch I made disappeared mysteriously overnight, and I don’t think this one will last long, either!
So, are you on team fudge or team cake?