These Double Chocolate Brownies are loaded with chocolate and super easy to make. And you only need one bowl, so clean up is a breeze, as well.
The other night, I had a serious chocolate craving, so I thought I would make a batch of brownies for myself the family. But, we were low on sugar, and so the recipe I was going to use was out of the question. Since I didn’t feel like heading out to the store, I made a batch of these double chocolate brownies, instead. I’ve been making these brownies forever. In fact, I found the original recipe on the back of a bag of Toll House chips, and I just changed it up a little. These are so easy to make, and the kids love helping out. I used to allow my older kids to help stir the melting chocolate when they were younger, and now my younger kids get this job.
You can make the brownies in one bowl, and melt the chocolate in the microwave, or you can use your stove — whatever works best for you. Either way, you get a batch of fudgy, uber chocolaty brownies with just a hint of cinnamon, and the hardest part will be stopping after just one.
Seriously, I made these again yesterday, and we only have a few left!
How to Make Double Chocolate Brownies
Double Chocolate Brownies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (divided in half)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a heavy-duty sauce pan or microwaveable bowl, melt 1 cup of the chocolate chips and the butter over low heat, stirring frequently until chips are completely melted. If you're using the microwave method, heat chips in short increments, and stir in between.
- Remove from heat, and stir in the vanilla extract, then the eggs, one at a time.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, and the remaining chocolate chips, and stir until completely blended.
- Spread mixture into a greased 13 X 9-inch baking pan, and bake at 350 degrees for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until the center is set, and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool, and enjoy!