One Pan Chipotle Lime Chicken Stir Fry is an easy protein-packed dinner that takes less than 30 minutes to make. Serve it as is, over rice or in a wrap!
We eat a lot of chicken in my house, and actually, I think I have more chicken recipes than any other kind on the blog. So, I like to get as creative as possible whenever I serve chicken just so that we’re not eating the same chicken dinner over and over. Believe me, my family would definitely stage a rebellion if that happened.
This easy chicken stir fry is one of my favorites because it’s super simple and very versatile. Plus, unlike some Mexican and Southwestern-style dishes, it’s not that heavy. In other words, you won’t feel stuffed after eating! And, you can serve it in a variety of different ways.
I first posted this chicken recipe over at The Weary Chef, and now it’s time to share it here!
All you do is cut up some chicken and cook it until it’s nice and brown. I usually use chicken tenders because they’re so easy to work with, but you can use whatever is easier for you. I like to use my own spice mix, but you can use taco seasoning mix if that’s what you have — told you this is versatile!
The chipotle powder does add a nice kick, but it’s really not that spicy. The kids usually add some sour cream to their portions, which really lowers the heat level.
When the chicken is brown, I add some black beans, frozen corn and a little bit of water. Then, to keep things nice and fresh, I add some diced tomatoes, lime juice and avocado. These are optional, but I love the added flavor and extra pops of color.
Sometimes, I’ll serve the chicken mixture over rice, and sometimes, I’ll make burritos out of it. The kids love burritos, so this is their favorite way to eat chipotle lime chicken. Personally, I like to just eat it over salad greens for a nice low-carb dinner!
How to Make One Pan Chipotle Lime Chicken Stir Fry
One Pan Chipotle Lime Chicken Stir Fry
- 1 pound chicken cut into small pieces
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen or canned corn
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onions
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 cup water
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Diced tomatoes and avocado for garnish optional
- In a large skillet, cook the chicken in the olive oil until brown,
- Season with salt, pepper, cumin, garlic powder, onions and paprika.
- Stir in the black beans and corn.
- Add the water, onions and chipotle powder, and stir until combined.
- Reduce heat, cover and let simmer until ready to serve.
- Squeeze lime juice over the chicken mixture, and garnish with chopped cilantro, avocado and tomatoes, if desired.
So if you’re looking for an easy dinner recipe, give this one pan chipotle lime chicken stir fry a try — just a little rhyming going on there. And if you do try it, let me know what you think!
Have a super day, friends!