Cheeseburger Hot Dogs are grilled and topped with cheesy, seasoned ground beef. This easy hot dog recipe is like a hamburger and hot dog all in one!
It's grilling season, friends! And if you're planning a cookout anytime this summer, chances are, you have hamburgers or hot dogs on the menu.
Now, I love burgers, and I love hot dogs, but sometimes, I can't decide between the two. And honestly, hot dogs aren't always that filling -- know what I mean?
So, meat lovers -- rejoice! I combined two of my favorite cookout foods and created these hearty, cheeseburger hot dogs.
It's like a chili dog, only it's not spicy. So, these hot dogs are perfect for the kiddos.
How to Make Them
You just cook some ground beef, season it a little and mix in some cheese. The cheese helps bind the meat together.
I used cheddar, but American or just about any kind of cheese works here. So, use your favorite.
Then, you take the cheesy meat sauce and spoon it over grilled hot dogs. Or any cooked hot dog, really!
So, if you're like me, and you can't decide between hamburgers or hot dogs, try these cheesy, meaty hot dogs, instead. It's a delicious compromise! You can serve them with foil grilled corn on the cob, Instant Pot potato salad, Watermelon, Feta and Blueberry Salad and classic red, white and blue poke cake.
Cheeseburger Hot Dogs Recipe
Cheeseburger Hot Dogs
- 1 ½ pounds lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onions
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or use your favorite cheese
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 hot dog buns
- Brown ground beef in a small skillet over medium heat, and season with sea salt, onions and pepper
- Stir in shredded cheddar cheese until melted, and reduce heat to low
- Grill or cook hot dogs according to package directions, and place one hot dog in each bun
- Top each hot dog with some of the ground beef mixture, additional cheese and your favorite toppings
Nutrition information is estimated. Please do your own calculation to fit special diets.
This post was originally sponsored by Wonder Bread in 2018. It has been updated as of 2020.
I hope you enjoy these easy cheeseburger hot dogs as much as we did!