Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cake Dip is an easy recipe with seasonal snack cakes, cream cheese and Cool Whip. A festive no bake dessert recipe perfect for the holiday season!
You have to try this Little Debbie Christmas tree dip recipe at some point during the holidays. It's a super easy dessert dip that you make with Little Debbie Christmas tree cakes, and it's light, fluffy and absolutely delicious.
My kids love this festive treat. It's a delicious dessert for a family holiday movie night or Christmas party!
You only need a few simple ingredients for Little Debbie Christmas tree dip. They should be easy to find at your grocery store.
- Little Debbie Christmas tree cakes -- seasonal snack cakes shaped like Christmas trees. 1 package
- Cream cheese -- softened cream cheese at room temperature for easy mixing
- Cool Whip -- or any non dairy whipped topping, thawed
- Vanilla -- enhances the flavor
- Christmas sprinkles -- for decoration
How to Make Christmas Tree Dip
First, add the softened cream cheese to a large mixing bowl. Then break up the Little Debbie Christmas trees into large pieces, and toss into the bowl.
Use a hand mixer to mix until combined. Then, add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and mix again.
Add the Cool Whip, and use a spatula or large spoon to mix until well combined.
If you blend the whipped topping with the mixer, the topping will break down and the texture of the dip won't be nice and fluffy.
Add some holiday sprinkles, and give the dip a good stir. Then, transfer mixture to a serving bowl.
You can add more sprinkles before serving. Or, stick a Christmas tree cake into the top of the dip!
How to Store
Cover the Christmas dip with plastic wrap, and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Store leftovers in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
I don't recommend freezing this sweet treat, as it won't thaw well.
How to Serve
Serve this easy dip with your favorite dippers. We love graham crackers, vanilla wafers, animal crackers, gingerbread cookies, Milano cookies and fresh fruit.
Little Debbie snack cakes come in vanilla flavor or chocolate flavor. You can use either one for this recipe.
Use your favorite holiday sprinkles to decorate the dip, including green sanding sugar, green sprinkles, red sanding sugar or red and green jimmies.
If you want to thin the dip out a little, add a tablespoon or 2 tablespoons milk or heavy cream.
You can use homemade whipped cream instead of the Cool Whip.
Yes. You can also use Little Debbie zebra cakes, which are basically the same thing in this recipe. Since the cakes are broken up, you won't notice the difference.
There are 5 Christmas tree cakes in a package. So, you will need to use 1 package for this dip recipe and a second package if you want extras for decoration.
Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cake Dip
- 5 Little Debbie Christmas Tree cakes 1 package
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 oz Cool Whip thawed
- holiday sprinkles
- Add the softened cream cheese to a large mixing bowl
- Break the Christmas tree cakes into smaller pieces, and add to bowl
- Mix the cream cheese and tree cakes with an electric hand held mixer until combined
- Mix in vanilla extract
- Gently fold in Cool Whip using a silicone spatula
- Add sprinkles, and mix again
- Transfer to serving bowl, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve
Nutrition information is estimated. Please do your own calculation to fit special diets.
I hope you enjoy this holiday treat as much as we do. It's sure to be the perfect addition to your next holiday party!
For more easy dessert recipes, you can browse my dessert archives and sign up for the weekly newsletter. Be sure to leave a star rating and comment if you try it!