Cheesy Baked Roast Beef Sliders smothered in an easy Dijon mustard sauce are perfect for game day or a quick and easy dinner anytime!
I just love sliders, especially for game day. These little sandwiches are easy to make and oh, so easy to eat. Clean-up is quick, as well.
We have sliders a lot during football season, but we also enjoy them whenever we’re in the mood for a super quick and easy dinner. I mostly do quick and easy meals, but these babies are the quickest of them all. They take only about 10 minutes, tops. And, of course, they are extremely kid friendly, which is very important around here.
My kids love ham, so I use that a lot for sliders, but recently, I tried making these baked sandwiches with roast beef, instead. And friends, these roast beef sandwiches are amazing!
I just placed a bunch of dinner rolls, or slider buns, on a baking sheet, and then I added some thinly sliced roast beef. I love horseradish, and that is what you would normally use, but my family does not. So I made an easy Dijon mustard sauce, and spread some on the meat and on the buns.
I’m the kind of person who loves tons of melted, stretchy cheese on baked sandwiches, and I mean tons. So for these, I added both provolone and mozzarella.
I like to bake the sliders openfaced first so that the meat gets nice and hot, and the cheese melts evenly on the other bun. Then, I add more cheese, close the sandwiches up, brush some butter over the tops, and bake them until everything is hot, bubbly, melted and ready to enjoy!
Do you think there’s enough cheese on these sandwiches, or what?!
How to Make Cheesy Baked Roast Beef Sliders
Cheesy Baked Roast Beef Sliders
- 1 pound roast beef sliced thin
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onions
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 10 slices provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup finely shredded mozzarella cheese
- 10 in slider buns or dinner rolls sliced half
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a small bowl, mix the Diijon mustard, mayo, onions and garlic powder until smooth
- Open rolls, and arrange the rolls on a baking sheet
- Add some beef to bottom half of each roll
- Top beef with mustard sauce, and spread some on rolls, if desired
- Add provolone cheese to the top bun, and bake openfaced for about 5 min or until cheese starts to melt
- Top beef with shredded mozzarella, close sandwiches, brush top of buns with butter, cover and bake for another 5 minutes, or until cheese is fully melted
- Serve immediately
These cheesy baked roast beef sliders may just become our new favorite game day dinner! The mustard sauce adds a nice tang, and it’s milder than horseradish sauce.
Add some baked fries or potato chips and raw veggies, and you’ve got a dinner that’s not only easy to make but also easy to clean up. We even had time to take the kids out for ice cream afterwards!
Have a fun day, friends!