Make these easy Crock-Pot Buffalo Chicken Sliders with Buttermilk Ranch Dressing in your slow cooker and serve them on hamburger buns for an easy dinner or game day food.
So, how often do you use your slow cooker? As much as I love mine, I use it way more in the fall and winter, just because we do a lot of grilling in the summer. But with school starting soon, I've been working on easy meals that can accommodate our crazy busy schedule, which often includes dining at different times. So the other day, I hauled out my long-lost friend and made a batch of these Crock-Pot Buffalo Chicken Sliders with Buttermilk Ranch Dressing.
They're unbelievably easy and super tasty and perfect for busy weeknight dinners! I love sliders and Buffalo wings, and these little guys are like the best of both worlds rolled into one meal. Now personally, I love me some spicy wings, but I don't get to enjoy them that often because they're too hot for the rest of the gang. And, I don't feel like ordering a separate batch just for me.
So when I made these Buffalo chicken sliders, I kept the heat down by using plenty of cheese. I also topped the sliders off with some homemade buttermilk ranch dressing to further cool things down. Of course, I poured a few extra drops of hot sauce on my own sliders, and all was well with the world.
Best of all, your slow cooker does all of the work, and you can eat whenever you're ready!
And you know, these sliders would make awesome game day grub. I love football, especially college football, and I seriously love when football season rolls around again. Just pack a couple of buffalo sliders, some crispy chips and maybe a pickle into a little plastic basket, and you're good to go.
How to Make Crock-Pot Buffalo Chicken Sliders with Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
Crock-Pot Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Sauce or any hot pepper sauce
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Pour the olive oil to the bottom of the Crock-pot or slow cooker, then add the onions.
- Add the chicken, salt, pepper, minced onions, brown sugar and garlic.
- Pour Buffalo sauce over chicken, and top with cream cheese
- Cook on high for 2 ½ hours, or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees
- Shred chicken, top with shredded cheddar and pepper jack cheese, cover, and cook on low until cheese melts
- Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Fill slider buns with chicken mixture, and top with additional cheese and buttermilk ranch dressing. Or, you can use your favorite ranch, if you prefer.
Nutrition information is estimated. Please do your own calculation to fit special diets.
My family absolutely loved these Crock-Pot Buffalo chicken sliders, and we've already had them again for leftovers. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
You Might Also Like