Bite-sized Easy Eggnog Mini Pies are light, fluffy and ideal for holiday entertaining. They’re also perfect when you need a last minute Christmas dessert!
One of my most popular recipes on the blog is Eggnog Pie. It’s a super simple and very easy holiday dessert. I started making it years ago, and now even my younger kids can make most of it on their own.
I actually posted the recipe for eggnog pie about 2 years ago, but I just got around to making a quick video today. And honestly, making a food video is a lot harder than making the pie! We ended up having so much eggnog left over that I decided to make a new version of the original recipe — these cute little easy eggnog mini pies!
I may just like these little bite-sized desserts even better than the original, and they’re so easy to make.
We started out by using packaged pie crust and little glass to cut out small circles of the dough.
Then, we put the dough into two muffin tins and baked the crusts for about 10 minutes. While the mini crusts were baking, we started making the eggnog filling.
After the crusts were cool, we spooned the filling into the the mini pie crusts. Then, we popped the mini eggnog pies into the fridge to set .
After about an hour, the the filling was firm, and we topped the little pies off with a few sprinkles of nutmeg and little dabs of whipped topping.
You can use whipped cream here, but I was going with what I already had.
Aren’t these little eggnog pies the cutest things ever?! Well, maybe not ever, but still, I think they’re pretty darn cute. If you’re looking for an easy dessert for your holiday parties, these eggnog mini pies would be perfect!
How to Make Easy Eggnog Mini Pies
Easy Eggnog Mini Pies
For the Crust
- dough for pie crusts ( I used two store-bought crusts )
For the Filling
- 1 1/2 cups eggnog
- 1 3.4-ounce package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups whipped topping, like Cool-Whip (thawed)
For the Crusts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Spray 2 12-cup muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray
- Cut out circles from pie crusts using the rim of a small glass, and place circles into the muffin cups, pressing lightly to form sides for the crusts
- Prick crusts lightly with fork, then bake for about 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely
For the Filling
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix the eggnog and pudding mix with electric mixer until slightly firm and thick.
- Mix in nutmeg, then fold in whipped topping, using a spatula, until well combined
- Spoon filling into pie crusts, and refrigerate until firm or ready to serve. Top with additional nutmeg and whipped cream or whipped topping, if desired
Not only are these easy eggnog mini pies super cute, but they are also super delicious. My kids absolutely love them, and so do I.
I just need to keep away from them because they are definitely hard to resist!