This Easy Ninja Foodi Grill Salmon Recipe with a simple lemon garlic butter sauce takes minutes to cook on the indoor grill. Enjoy this delicious, healthy dinner all year long. It's low carb and Keto friendly, too!
If you're looking for Ninja Foodi Grill recipes or seafood recipes, you're going to love this easy recipe for salmon fillets cooked on the indoor grill! The salmon is fork tender and cooked to perfection and gets added flavor from a delicious lemon garlic butter sauce.
I was never a huge fan of salmon until I cooked it on my new Ninja Foodi XL Grill. Seriously -- I'm not just saying this, even though it's one of my favorite kitchen appliances.
I've made poached salmon and pan fried salmon. But grilled salmon with crispy skin is the BEST!
Here are the simple ingredients you need to make salmon on the Ninja Foodi XL Grill. You should be able to find all of them in your local grocery store:
- 4 salmon fillets -- about 2 pounds total, Atlantic salmon
- Avocado oil -- has a higher smoke point than olive oil
- Sea salt, garlic powder, pepper
- Garlic cloves
- Parsley -- optional
How to Cook Salmon on Ninja Foodi Grill
For best results, follow manufacturer's directions when using. First, place the salmon filets, skin side down, on a clean plate. Next, pat them dry with a clean paper towel.
Next, drizzle a little avocado oil all over the fillets. You can use vegetable oil if you can't find avocado oil.
Make sure you get oil on the skins, as well. This will help prevent the salmon skins from sticking to the grill.
Next, place the fresh fish on a plate, and season the salmon fillets with garlic powder, sea salt and ground black pepper. Then, rub the seasoning over the salmon -- kind of like you would with a dry rub.
Squirt a little fresh lemon juice over the salmon. This will help to flavor the fish without actually soaking in marinade.
Lemon juice is very acidic, so you don't need to marinate the salmon for long. The Ninja Foodie indoor grill takes about 10 minutes to preheat, which is just enough time to allow the fish fillets to sit at room temperature.
Place the grill grate into your Ninja Foodie grill. Then hit the Grill button. Choose High, then choose Fish. Now, choose the desired level of doneness.
So, what temp should salmon be? The FDA recommends cooking salmon to 145 degrees f. However, a lot of people feel salmon is overcooked at this temperature.
Choose wisely. I like to grill salmon to 135 to 140 degrees to allow for carryover cooking. The internal temperature will continue to rise as the salmon rests. The total cook time may vary with thickness of salmon and desired doneness.
Press Start, to begin preheating the grill. Then, insert the Smart Thermometer into the thickest part of the fillet.
You can choose not to use the probe, but I find it easiest to cook with it in. When the grill is hot, use kitchen tongs to place salmon fillets on the grill.
Then, close the lid. You can whip up the delicious lemon garlic butter sauce now.
Lemon Garlic Sauce
To make the sauce, just melt a little butter in a small pan or pot on the stove over low heat. Add minced garlic, a little lemon juice and a pinch of salt.
Stir, and allow to cook on low until the garlic is tender and light golden brown. Make sure it doesn't burn! You can turn the stove off, and allow the lemon garlic sauce to sit while the salmon cooks.
You don't have to flip the salmon, although you can. I love the texture without turning it over. I usually add some sliced lemon wedges about halfway through cooking.
When the salmon reaches the desired temperature, remove to a platter or individual plates. (Use an oven mitt to remove temperature probe.) Spoon the warm garlic butter sauce over the salmon, cover lightly with aluminum foil, and allow to rest for about 3 to 5 minutes.
The cooked fish should be tender and flaky. The color should be opaque -- light pink. But the best thing is the crispy skin. Yum! It's a wonderful contrast to the tender salmon.
You can also use a meat thermometer to double check the internal temperature if you like.
How to Store
Store leftover salmon in an airtight container in the refrigerator. According to the USDA, it will keep for up to 3 to 4 days.
You can reheat salmon in the air fryer, microwave, oven or on the stove. Cold cooked salmon is actually delicious over fresh greens or in salad!
Easy Ninja Foodi Grill Salmon
- Ninja Foodi XL Grill or indoor grill
- 4 salmon fillets about 2 pounds
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- squirt lemon juice
Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped or minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- pinch sea salt
- chopped parsley optional
- Pat salmon fillets dry with paper towel
- Drizzle avocado oil all over salmon, including skin
- Season with sea salt, pepper and garlic powder, and squirt lemon juice over salmon. Allow to sit at room temperature while grill preheats
- Place grill grate in Ninja Foodi Grill. Press Grill button, then High heat, then Fish, then choose temperature. Press Start
- When grill says Add Food, insert the smart thermometer into the thickest part of 1 fillet. Use kitchen tongs to place fillets on grill. Close lid
- When salmon is cooked to desired temperature, remove probe, remover fish to platter, and cover with foil for 3 to 5 minutes
- Spoon sauce over salmon before serving
Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce
- Melt butter over low heat on stove
- Add minced garlic and lemon juice, stir, and cook until garlic is light brown and soft. Season with salt, to taste, and fresh parsley, if desired. Turn heat off to prevent garlic browning too much, if necessary, and cover to keep warm.
Nutrition amounts are approximate. Always use your own nutrition calculator to verify recipe is suitable for your diet.
I hope you enjoy this delicious lemon garlic butter salmon cooked on the Ninja Foodi Indoor Grill as much as we do. We think it's a great recipe, and even my picky eater loves it!
For more easy and delicious recipes, be sure to sign up for our weekly newsletter!