This delicious Frozen Malt Shop Whoppers Pie is cool, creamy and loaded with ice cream and malted milk candy. You’ll love this easy-to-make dessert!
Is it too early in the year to be thinking about ice cream and other frozen desserts? I hope not, because personally, I could eat ice cream all year round!
And I’ve been feeling kind of down lately, which makes me want to focus on happy thoughts. And happy thoughts include ice cream. I mean, you really can’t feel bad when you’re eating ice cream, especially when it’s part of an extra special dessert!
I made this ice cream pie last year to celebrate the end of the school year and the start of a fun summer, and it originally appeared over at Somewhat Simple. But since the kids only have about three more months left of school, and spring break is around the corner, this frozen malt shop Whoppers pie is calling my name!
Besides, I’ve been super good about eating healthy, so yes, I can do this and not feel guilty!
I got the idea for this ice cream pie recipe on the back of a carton of Whoppers candy — imagine that! Well actually, the kids suggested it, but this frozen dessert sounded so good that I just had to try it. It’s also super easy to make.
As usual, I made a few changes to the original recipe. I can’t help it, and I do this all the time — do you? Anyway, I mixed equal parts of chocolate and vanilla ice cream together. I also used a chocolate graham cracker crust instead of regular because the more chocolate, the merrier, right?!
How to Make a Frozen Malt Shop Whoppers Pie
Frozen Malt Shop Whoppers Pie
- 1 9-inch chocolate graham cracker pie crust
- 2 1/2 cups Whoppers malted milk candy crushed, plus extra candies for garnish
- 1 cup softened chocolate ice cream
- 1 cup softened vanilla ice cream
- 1 1/2 8-ounce tubs whipped topping, like Cool Whip, thawed
- Melted chocolate or chocolate syrup for garnish optional
- Crush the Whoppers in a food processor or blender (You can also place them in a large zip-top freezer bag and crush into small pieces with a rolling pin)
- In a large bowl, mix the vanilla and chocolate ice cream together, and fold in 1 whole container of the whipped topping
- Mix in 1 cup of the crushed candy
- Pour the mixture into the pie shell, and smooth top with spatula
- Top with second cup of crushed candy.
- Place into freezer for at least 4 hours or until very firm.
- Spread additional whipped topping or whipped cream over the pie and top with chocolate syrup, remaining crushed candy and additional whole candy pieces, if desired.
- Keep frozen until ready to serve.
This frozen malt shop Whoppers pie is the perfect dessert to make for Pi Day, Valentine’s Day or any occasion. You really don’t need a reason to enjoy a delicious dessert! In fact, if you really love malted milk candy, you might also like this Whoppers Malted Milkshake.
Have a sweet day, friends!