Make Instant Pot Baked Potatoes that are fluffy, creamy and perfectly cooked with this easy recipe. No need to turn on the oven for the best baked potatoes!
Make The BEST Instant Pot baked potatoes that are fluffy, creamy and perfectly cooked with this super easy recipe. Pressure cooker baked potatoes are done in 30 minutes -- much faster than the oven and just as delicious! This is going to become one of your favorite easy Instant Pot recipes!
I love making potatoes in the Instant Pot! Whether I'm making baby potatoes, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes or Instant Pot potato salad -- We love them all.
My family always made baked potatoes in the microwave, and up until now, so did I. As much as I love perfectly baked potatoes with crispy skins in the oven, they take an hour to cook -- longer than steak! Microwaved potatoes are so much faster, but the consistency isn't quite the same as baked.
That's why making baked potatoes in the Instant Pot is such a game changer. You get the same fluffy, creamy texture without the long cook time. And in the summer, you don't have to heat up the house!
How do you make baked potatoes in the Instant Pot?
The key to getting perfectly cooked potatoes in the pressure cooker is making sure you cook them according to size. You can usually find small, medium and large potatoes, and the small ones will have the shortest cook time.
So, choose the size you want. If I buy the large potatoes, I usually cut them in half and this is plenty, especially if you're serving potatoes as a side dish for steak.
First, scrub the potatoes with a brush under running water. Then, poke a few holes in the potatoes to allow steam to escape -- A fork is perfect for this job!
Next, add water to the pot, place the trivet in the pot, and add your potatoes. Easy peasy.
How long do you cook baked russet potatoes in the Instant Pot?
- Large potatoes (6 inches) -- 20 minutes
- Medium potatoes (5 inches) -- 15 minutes
- Small potatoes (4 inches) -- 12 minutes
Can you use foil in the Instant Pot?
You can, but you don't need to use foil when you're making baked potatoes in the Instant Pot.
After the potatoes are done, let the pressure release naturally for about 10 minutes. You can also do a full natural release if you want since it only takes about 15 minutes for that. Then, cover and let them sit until you're ready to serve -- or broil them in the oven for about 5 minutes to get those awesome crispy skins!
Baked Potato Toppings
You can keep it simple and top your baked potatoes with butter, salt and pepper. Or you can go all out! Some ideas are:
- Shredded cheddar cheese or any cheese
- Sour Cream
Instant Pot baked potatoes recipe
Instant Pot Baked Potatoes
- 4 small russet potatoes washed and poked with fork
- 1 cup water
- Pour the water into the inner Instant Pot liner
- Place the trivet inside the pot
- Place the potatoes on the trivet, cover with lid, turn knob to Sealing position, and hit PRESSURE COOK for 12 minutes
- Pot will take a few minutes to reach pressure, then begin counting down and cook for 12 minutes. When pot beeps, allow a natural release for 10 minutes, then do a quick release for remaining pressure or allow a full release -- it only takes a few more minutes
- When pin drops, carefully open lid, and remove potatoes to a a large plate. Cover with foil to keep warm until ready to serve
- Optional -- For crispy baked potato skins, place cooked potatoes on a baking sheet, rub skins with a little olive or vegetable oil, sprinkle with sea salt, and broil for about 5 minutes or until skins darken and are crispy
- Large potatoes (about 6 inches) -- 20 minutes.
- Medium potatoes (5 inches) -- 15 minutes.
- Small potatoes (4 inches) -- 12 minutes.
Nutrition information is estimated. Please do your own calculation to fit special diets.
I hope you enjoy these easy, perfect Instant Pot baked potatoes as much as we do!
This is a great idea! Love thinking up new ways to use my instant pot!
Instant Pot baked potatoes are the best! So yummy!
This needs to happen soon! I love how easy is to make it in the Instant Pot!
Thanks, Abeer. It's super easy in the Instant Pot!
This is the most easiest and delicious side dish! I love it!
Thanks! I could eat baked potatoes every day. 🙂
eat good 4 life says
I love any baked potatoes and this recipe looks like something easy and tasty my family would enjoy!
Love how easy these are!
I love how easy you make this look. I need to break out my Instant Pot
It's so easy! You should try making potatoes in the Instant Pot! 🙂
Chrissie Baker says
We are using your recipe tonight. Also agree it is a great way to have baked potato without heating up the house.
Thanks, Chrissie! I hope you like them -- anything to help keep the house cool in the summer! 🙂
Tried these last night. Yummy! Just like baked!
Glad to hear this! Thanks, James. 🙂