Make Instant Pot Ham with orange cranberry sauce in the pressure cooker in less than an hour. The easiest way to cook spiral cut ham for the holidays!
I usually make our favorite Crock-Pot cranberry orange ham for Christmas dinner. But, I’ve been converting my slow cooker recipes into Instant Pot recipes, and you guys, this Instant Pot ham is even better!
Can you cook ham in the Instant Pot? Definitely! Cooking ham in the Instant Pot pressure cooker makes it tender, juicy and really infuses maximum flavor into the ham.
Plus, pressure cooking the ham is so much faster than the slow cooker, which makes it ideal for holiday dinners. I use a simple mix of jellied cranberry sauce and orange marmalade for the sauce.
How to cook a spiral cut ham in the Instant Pot
We bought a 10-pound spiral cut ham, so I had to use my 8-quart Instant Pot for this recipe. I just placed the whole ham directly into the pot — cut side up. You don’t even need the trivet.
Then, I poured a cup of orange juice into the pressure cooker. The ham releases a ton of liquid, so you don’t need a full 2 cups here. If you’re using a 6 quart, you can use a half cup or less!
I topped the ham with cranberry sauce and orange marmalade. Then, I pushed some of the sauce between the slices of ham.
How long do you cook ham in an Instant Pot?
For a cooked, spiral cut ham in the Instant Pot, pressure cook it for 10 minutes. Yes — 10 minutes! Crazy, right?!
Keep in mind, the ham is already cooked. And the Instant Pot takes at least 10 minutes, or more, to heat up and reach pressure.
Then, I allow a 10 minute natural release before I do a quick release for the remaining pressure. So, the total time to cook a spiral ham in the Instant Pot is over 30 minutes. Still, it’s much faster than the slow cooker!
The hardest part of the entire recipe is lifting the ham out of the pressure cooker. It’s heavy!
I let it rest on a platter while I heat up the sauce on the Saute function to thicken it. You can also add more orange marmalade for an even thicker sauce.
Spoon the cranberry orange sauce over the ham before serving, and it’s oh, so good! You know what? Snacking on the cold leftover ham is even better!
Recommended items to make Instant Pot ham
contains affiliate links. See disclosure for more information.
Instant Pot Ham Recipe with Cranberry Orange Sauce
Instant Pot Ham
- 1 10 pound Spiral cut ham
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 15-ounce can cranberry sauce
- ½ cup orange marmalade
- Place the ham directly into the Instant Pot
- Pour orange juice over and around ham
- Place cranberry sauce over ham and between slices
- Spoon orange marmalade on top of cranberry sauce
- Place lid on Instant Pot, and turn vent knob to Sealing position. Hit PRESSURE COOK for 10 minutes
- Pot will take several minutes to reach pressure, then begin counting down and cook for 10 minutes. Allow a 10 minute natural release, then turn knob to Venting to release remaining pressure
- When pin drops, remove lid, and check that internal temperature is at least 140 degrees, according to meat thermometer. Using 2 large spoons or serving forks, carefully remove ham, and place on large serving platter. Pour sauce over slices or serve on the side.
I hope you enjoy this easy Instant Pot ham recipe as much as we do!