Make Instant Pot Orange Ginger Carrots in the pressure cooker just a few minutes. This quick and easy side dish is slightly sweet, citrusy and lighter than the usual glazed carrot recipes. It’s perfect for holiday dinners, but so good that you’ll want to eat them every day!
Let me say right now that these pressure cooker carrots are the best! Seriously, it doesn’t get any easier than this, and once you make cooked carrots in the Instant Pot, you won’t want to make them any other way.
This is definitely one of the easiest Instant Pot recipes you can make. It’s also a good beginner Instant Pot recipe if you’re new to pressure cooking.
I made orange ginger glazed carrots on the stove for Easter dinner last year, and everyone loved them. They’re not as sweet and heavy as the usual brown sugar glazed carrots, so they’re really perfect for spring. My only complaint was that there were absolutely no leftovers!
Since I now have my Instant Pot, I wanted to make the same basic recipe for orange ginger carrots in the pressure cooker this year. It took a couple of attempts to get the right texture, but after that, these pressure cooker carrots were perfectly cooked.
They’re not too soft, not too hard, not too sweet — just right!
Best of all, you just dump everything into the pressure cooker, and in a few minutes, they’re done. There’s no stirring or watching the pot, and it frees up valuable stove space, which makes this recipe ideal for holiday dinners.
How long do you cook carrots in the Instant Pot pressure cooker?
These Instant Pot orange ginger carrots take just 3 minutes to pressure cook. You could even cook them for 4 minutes if you like even softer carrots. But, really, 3 minutes is perfect.
You do need to allow a little more time for the pot to come to pressure and for the pressure release. But, you’re looking at about 15 minutes total time for this recipe. And like I said — this is a dump and go recipe!
Is pressure cooking vegetables healthy?
Absolutely! A shorter cook time means more nutrients are retained. And you can preserve even more nutrients by pouring the cooking liquid over the carrots before serving.
To make the orange ginger sauce more like a glaze, I like to saute the liquid after pressure cooking to help it thicken up and reduce. It’s a totally optional step, though.
How to Make Instant Pot Orange Ginger Carrots in the Pressure Cooker
Instant Pot Orange Ginger Carrots
- 1 32-ounce bag baby carrots
- 1 cup orange juice
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Place carrots in the pressure cooker, and pour orange juice over carrots
- Add remaining ingredients
- Place lid on pressure cooker, set valve to sealing position and hit PRESSURE COOK for 3 minutes
- When time is up, hit CANCEL and do a quick release
- When pin drops, remove lid, stir, and and place carrots in serving dish
- Optional -- Hit SAUTE, and cook sauce for about 5 minutes or until it thickens. Pour sauce over carrots, and serve. You can also just pour the sauce over the carrots immediately after pressure cooking.
I hope you enjoy these delicious Instant Pot orange ginger carrots as much as we do.