Instant Pot Peanut Butter Cheesecake recipe with a Nutter Butter Cookie crust and chocolate ganache topping is an easy dessert made in the pressure cooker. It's smooth, creamy and perfect for peanut butter lovers!
If you're a peanut butter lover or you know a peanut butter lover or 2, this incredibly delicious cheesecake is the dessert recipe for you! It has a peanut butter cookie crust topped with a smooth, creamy peanut butter center and mini Reese's cups on top.
And if you're just getting started with Instant Pot recipes, don't worry. It's super easy to make a cheesecake in the electric pressure cooker. You've got this!
To make a cheesecake in the Instant Pot, you'll need a few things to get started:
- 7-inch Springform pan or push pan for the 6 quart
- Sling, foil to make a sling or push pan with handles to lift the cheesecake
- Trivet for the pan to sit on
Note that you can make a cheesecake without a springform pan. I haven't tried it, but a family friend swears you can line a regular cake pan with foil or parchment paper to make it easier to remove the cheesecake. Or, cut the slices directly out of the cake pan.
How to Make Homemade Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake in the Instant Pot
First, set out your eggs and cream cheese before starting. Yes, you do have to plan ahead for cheesecake recipes. This allows them to come to room temperature, which makes a smoother, creamier cheesecake without cracks.
Then, crush up the Nutter Butter cookies, mix with butter, and press them into the pan. If you don't want to use these cookies, you can make a graham cracker crust or an Oreo cookie crust.
Place the crust into the freezer while you make the filling. For best results, use creamy peanut butter. For reference, I use Skippy Natural Peanut Butter, and it works fine.
Don't overmix the batter. I like to beat the eggs separately before adding them to the batter and just mix them until everything is incorporated.
Then, remove the crust from the freezer, and pour the batter over the crust. Add 1 cup of water to the Instant Pot, place the trivet inside, and lower the pan into the pot. If you don't have a pan with handles, this is where a sling comes in handy!
No need to cover the top of the pan with foil. Just pressure cook the cheesecake, and when it's done, allow a 10 minute release. You can do a full natural release if you want, but 10 minutes always works for me.
Carefully remove the cheesecake, and use the tip of a clean paper towel to absorb any moisture from the top. Allow the cheesecake to cool down slightly.
Then, move it to the fridge to cool for at least 4 hours. Overnight is even better!
Make the Ganache
Ganache is just melted chocolate and heavy cream blended together. You can pour it over the top of the cheesecake for that WOW factor before serving.
Add a few mini peanut butter cups or Reese's pieces to make this peanut butter cheesecake even better!
Instant Pot Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- 1 cup crushed Nutter Butter cookies about 10 cookies
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 12 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- ⅓ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Finely crush the cookies using a food processor, or place in large zip top bag, close up, and crush with rolling pin
- Melt the butter and add the crushed cookies and sugar to it. Mix until combined and the consistency of wet sand.
- Press the crust into the bottom of a greased 7 in cheesecake pan, ensuring it is evenly distributed on the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Place the crust in the freezer until the filling is ready.
- Beat the room temperature cream cheese and sugar until creamy.
- Add the peanut butter and vanilla, and beat until combined.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing in between until just combined. Or, beat eggs slightly in separate bowl, and mix in until combined
- Pour the cheesecake filling onto the crust, smoothing out with a spatula if necessary.
- Pour 1 cup of water into the inner pot of the Instant Pot (6 qt). Place a trivet in the bottom.
- If your pan does not have a handle, create a foil sling, place the pan in the sling, then place the sling in the pot. Skip this step if your pan has a handle.
- Close the lid and place the valve in the SEALING position. Hit PRESSURE COOK for 50 minutes, then do a 10 minute natural release.
- Do a quick release to release the remaining pressure. When pin drops, remove lid, and carefully remove the cheesecake from the pot.
- The cheesecake is done when only the center jiggles slightly when you shake the pan back and forth and when its internal temperature is 150 degrees Fahrenheit. If it is not done yet, let it cook for another 5 minutes.
- Take the corner of a paper towel and soak up any water on the top of the cheesecake.
- Allow the cheesecake to cool slightly before covering. Store covered in the fridge for 4 hours to overnight (recommended) before serving. Top with ganache and mini peanut butter cups if desired
- Add the heavy cream to a small pot, and heat over medium heat until small bubbles start to form, stirring frequently
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and chocolate chips, and stir until chips are smooth, glossy and completely melted. Allow to cool slightly, and pour over cheesecake
- Top with mini peanut butter cups, if desired, and store in refrigerator until ready to eat
Nutrition information is estimated. Please do your own calculation to fit special diets.
Sara Welch says
This couldn't possibly be more dreamy; my two favorite sweets combined! Excited to give this a try for dessert tonight; looks amazing!
Thank you so much, Sara! Happy to hear this!
What an awesome dessert. We made this over the weekend and what a hit! Kids loved it and had seconds. Have to make another as there were no leftovers.
I'm so happy to hear this, James! Thanks!
As a huge fan of peanut butter, I approve of this recipe! It was creamy, peanut-buttery (if that's not a word, it better be), and delicious!
Thank you SO much for your sweet comment! I'm glad you liked the cheesecake!
Sandra McCollum says
Such a delicious dessert! Everyone at my house really loved it!
Thank you so much, Sandra! I"m glad you liked the cheesecake!
Nutter Butter crust is such a delicious twist!
I am drooling over this cheesecake! Peanut butter is my favorite flavor!
Same here! Thank you so much, Catalina.
I know for sure this Peanut Butter Cheesecake would be a huge hit in my house!
This looks amazing, the picture alone is making my mouth water!
WHAT?! Instant Pot Peanut Butter Cheesecake. Officially obsessed! Cannot wait to try this!