One Pot Cheddar BBQ Chicken Pasta with corn and peas takes 30 minutes to make and uses one pan for quick clean-up. Even picky eaters love this easy dinner!
It's been a little while since I posted a one-pot dinner here. We cut way back on pasta after the holidays, and we were practically living off of lower carb sheet pan dinners for a few months. But as much as I love those easy dinners, the weather is warming up, and I'm not a fan of cranking up the oven when it's hot out. Plus every now and then, I get a pasta craving!
This easy chicken recipe perfect for busy weeknights or whenever you want a quick fix dinner that everyone will love. Even my pickiest eaters will eat this chicken dinner without complaining. Actually, I swear that my kids will eat just about anything if I add barbecue sauce to it!
It's also a super simple recipe, and you may already have everything you need to make it. It's basically just chicken with pasta and frozen veggies in a creamy barbecue sauce. I shared this recipe originally at Somewhat Simple, but I made it again tonight so that I could share it here!
I've made this using both with cut-up chicken tenders and chicken breasts, so just use whatever is easiest for you. If you end up using more than a pound, you may have to add more liquid. Or, you can take some chicken out to save for lunch or another meal later. I do this a lot.
Really, this dish is very versatile. You can also use your favorite pasta. We happen to love penne pasta, so that's what I usually use. And, if you want less barbecue flavor, use about ½ cup of sauce and increase the cream to about 1 cup.
I also added some peas and corn to make this a true one dish dinner. But again, almost any kind of small veggies would work here.
How to Make One Pot Cheddar BBQ Chicken Pasta
One Pot Cheddar BBQ Chicken Pasta
- 1 pound chicken tenders, cut into cubes
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups penne pasta
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup barbecue sauce, any kind
- ½ cup heavy cream or milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ½ cup frozen corn
- In a large skillet, season the chicken with sea salt, pepper and garlic powder, and brown the chicken in olive oil,
- Add the penne pasta and water, cover and cook on medium high heat, stirring frequently, until pasta is slightly soft and almost cooked through
- Reduce heat to medium, and add the barbecue sauce, peas, corn and heavy cream
- Stir in the shredded cheese, and serve
Nutrition information is estimated. Please do your own calculation to fit special diets.
If you're looking for a quick and easy dinner, I hope you give this one pot cheddar BBQ chicken pasta a try.