This Sheet Pan Lemon Herb Chicken Dinner with green beans and cauliflower is low carb, gluten free and simply delicious! Plus, it cooks in just 20 minutes!
Okay, friends — Here’s another light and healthy chicken dinner for you all to enjoy. We’ve been making a real effort to cut back on carbs and eat as healthy as possible, and I’m happy to say that it’s starting to pay off. The Hubs is already down 42 pounds, and my jeans are fitting a lot better lately. So, yeah!
Although, I do have to admit that I cheated a little and shared some dessert with the kiddos the other day. But really, it doesn’t count if you only have a small bite of dessert, right? That’s what I keep telling myself!
Anyway, I made this quick and easy sheet pan chicken dinner two times in the last couple of weeks, and it really is delicious. Plus, if you use smaller chicken breasts or cut large ones in half, it cooks in just 20 minutes, and clean-up is super easy, as well. This may be the best part of the entire dinner!
I usually make baked lemon garlic chicken or skillet lemon garlic chicken, but this particular chicken dinner is just slightly different. For one thing, it doesn’t have any garlic. But, it gets an extra burst of flavor from a mix of Dijon mustard, fresh lemon and herbes de Provence seasoning.
Herbes de Provence is a mix of different herbs commonly used in Provençal cooking. You can buy it as a mix, and although the exact herbs may vary from brand to brand, most blends will include dried lavender flowers. Honestly, this smells amazing, and it perfumes your entire kitchen as it cooks!
You can even make your own herbes de Provence blend, but since we’re talking quick and easy cooking here, I used a pre-made mix.
To save time on busy weeknights, I like to do some meal prep on the weekends and have the veggies ready to go. Once it’s time to make dinner, I just toss the green beans and cauliflower in with the chicken and roast them all on one sheet pan.
I also added a little bit of butter at the very end. This is totally optional, but it just gives the meal a little bit of richness and extra flavor. If you want to keep the dinner dairy free, just skip it! The first time I made this, I skipped the butter, and it was fine.
How to Make Sheet Pan Lemon Herb Chicken Dinner
Sheet Pan Lemon Herb Chicken Dinner
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon herbes de Provence seasoning mix
- 1 lemon, sliced thin
- 2 cups cauliflower, washed and trimmed
- 3/4 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil, and pour 2 tablespoons olive oil onto foil
- Place chicken, cauliflower and green beans on baking sheet, and coat with olive oil
- Season with sea salt and pepper
- Spread Dijon mustard evenly over chicken, then add the herbes de Provence over mustard, and top with lemon slices
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until chicken reaches internal temperature of 165 degrees
The kids enjoyed this sheet pan lemon herb chicken dinner as much as the Hubs and I did. Even my picky teen loved it, although she tried to get away with eating only one green bean. I made her eat a few more!
I hope you enjoy this dinner as much as we did!