One Pot Creamy Chicken Pasta is a super quick and easy dinner made with chicken and shells in a creamy Italian tomato sauce. Ready in less than 30 minutes!
If you're looking for a quick and easy chicken dinner with few ingredients, you're going to love this creamy chicken pasta recipe! You cook the chicken and pasta together in one pot for easy clean-up, and the entire meal is done in under 30 minutes.
I've been getting requests to turn my Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Pasta into a one-pot meal, and you guys, here it is! Usually, I convert one pot dinners to Instant Pot recipes, so this was a little bit different for me.
But I know not everyone has an electric pressure cooker, and this easy chicken recipe is something anyone can make! Seriously, even my pickiest eaters think this is one of the BEST chicken pasta recipes out there!
How to Make Creamy Italian Chicken Pasta
Start out by cutting 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts into large cubes. Then, cook the chicken in a large pot until it's no longer pink.
I used simple seasonings here -- just salt, pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasoning blend. I also used chopped onions, but you can leave them out if you want.
Next, add your shell pasta, marinara sauce and water. Give it a quick stir, cover the pot, and let it all cook together until the pasta starts to get soft.
You do have to keep an eye on the pasta and chicken and stir it from time to time. When the pasta starts to soften, add your heavy cream.
Leave the lid off to allow the sauce to reduce and thicken. When the pasta is cooked al dente, you can stir in some grated Parmesan cheese.
I usually throw in a little fresh parsley, but this is optional. It adds such a pretty pop of color, though, and it adds a little bit of freshness to this creamy one pot pasta dish.
The pasta might seem a little saucy, but it will thicken up as it cools off. If you want it thicker, you can add more Parm.
One Pot Creamy Chicken Pasta Recipe
One Pot Creamy Chicken Pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- .5 cup chopped onions
- 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts cut up
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 16- ounces medium shell pasta uncooked
- 24- ounces marinara sauce
- 3 cups water
- .5 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- fresh parsley, optional chopped
- Heat a Dutch oven or large pot until warm, then add the olive oil and onions, and cook until onions are just soft
- Add the chicken to the pot, then add the Italian seasoning, sea salt, garlic powder and pepper, and cook over medium high heat until chicken is no longer pink, stirring frequently
- Stir in the pasta, marinara sauce and water, then cover with lid, and cook until pasta starts to soften, stirring frequently to make sure pasta doesn't stick to the bottom
- Remove lid, and stir in heavy cream, and cook uncovered until pasta is al dente. Stir in Parmesan cheese, top with fresh parsley, if desired, and serve
Nutrition information is estimated. Please do your own calculation to fit special diets.