Creamy One Pot Salsa Verde Chicken Pasta is ready in only 30 minutes. Your family will love this quick and easy chicken dinner!
Have you ever made a recipe that was an instant hit with everyone? Sometimes, I have to tweak a recipe once or twice before declaring it a win, but not this time. Not this recipe. Friends, this easy chicken dinner is definitely a winner!
During the school year, we live on one pot meals — in summer, not so much. Still, there are times when I need to get dinner on the table in a hurry. Sometimes, we’ve got something planned, and some days, I’m just being lazy. And really, you can never go wrong with a one pot dinner, especially if you hate doing dishes as much as we do.
You only need a few ingredients to make this one pot salsa verde chicken pasta. It’s creamy, cheesy and absolutely loaded with flavor. It’s also perfect when you can’t decide between Mexican and Italian food. You’ve got your salsa verde and pasta together in one delicious dinner!
If you enjoy fusion dinners like this, check out these Mexican-inspired pasta dinners:
- One Pan Creamy Chicken Enchilada Pasta
- One Pot Easy Taco Pasta
- One Pan Jalapeno Popper Chicken Pasta
We go through chips and salsa like crazy in the summer, and lately, my favorite tortilla chip dip has been salsa verde. It’s different from the usual tomato salsas, and even though I love my pico de gallo and homemade salsa, we’ve been using salsa verde more than anything lately.
So, that’s what inspired this dish. It’s similar to the taco pasta I mentioned earlier, only it’s made with green chile salsa. It’s also not heavy at all, so it’s perfect for summer or any day of the year!
If you want a spicier version, try using pepper jack instead of Monterey. Personally, I like the pepper jack version, but the family prefers the milder Monterey Jack cheese.
How to Make One Pot Salsa Verde Chicken Pasta
WP Recipe Maker #10115
One Pot Salsa Verde Chicken Pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups mini penne pasta
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil, add the chicken, and season with cumin, sea salt, pepper and garlic
- Cook chicken over medium high heat until slightly brown
- Add the pasta, water and salsa verde, cover and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes or until penne is al dente
- Reduce heat to medium low, and stir in the cream and monterey jack cheese
- Top with additional cheese and tomatoes and chopped cilantro, if desired
I can’t believe how much my whole family loves this one pot salsa verde chicken pasta. We’ve had it three times already without any complaints, which is always a good sign. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Sharing at Weekend Potluck