This One Pot Easy Taco Pasta dinner is made in one skillet and is ready in only 30 minutes. It's perfect for busy weeknights, and even picky eaters love it!
I made this one pot taco pasta for dinner last week after we came back from vacation. It's literally something I just threw together, using whatever ingredients I could find. We were only gone for just a couple of days, but I still had mounds of laundry to tackle, and I was also super tired. I'm one of those people who does not sleep well away from home -- sad, huh?!
So normally, I would be all about ordering out for dinner at this point, but after eating out for a few days, I wanted something homemade. The only problem was that I hadn't gone to the store lately, so I didn't have much to work with.
If you've ever stood there, staring in your fridge, wondering what to make for dinner, you get it. I eventually came up with some frozen ground beef, pasta, a jar of salsa and a few other things. And that, my friends, is how this simple one dish dinner wonder was born!
This one pot easy taco pasta takes just 30 minutes to make, and it's made all in one skillet, so clean-up is super easy. And there's nothing better than a one-dish 30 minute meal when you need dinner on the table in a hurry!
To make this quick and easy dinner, all you really have to do is brown the ground beef, add the seasonings, pasta, cheese and a couple of other things, and you're done. I added my favorite thick and chunky salsa for extra flavor and pepper jack cheese for extra spice. If you want to tone the heat down, you could use cheddar, instead.
After the taco pasta was done, I threw some extra cheese, lettuce and diced tomatoes on the top -- like a taco! You could also add some tortilla chips if you want.
How to Make One Pot Easy Taco Pasta
One Pot Easy Taco Pasta
- 1 pound ground beef (extra lean)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 cups mini penne pasta
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup salsa
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese (shredded)
- 1 15-oz can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet over medium high heat, and season with sea salt, pepper, cumin, garlic powder and paprika
- Add penne pasta, water and salsa, cover and cook until pasta is al dente, (about 10 minutes) stirring occasionally
- Stir in sour cream and pepper jack cheese, and mix well
- Stir in black beans, and cook until just heated (about 1 minute)
- Remove from heat, top with additional, cheese, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes and additional sour cream, if desired
- Serve immediately
Nutrition information is estimated. Please do your own calculation to fit special diets.
I hope you enjoy this one pot easy taco pasta as much as my family did! Even my pickiest eaters loved it!
Shared at Weekend Potluck