Chocolate Pudding Pie Dip is an easy dessert dip recipe with instant pudding mix that tastes like a chocolate pie but is way easier to make. Serve with your favorite dippers as a fun sweet treat anytime!
Easy Chocolate Pie Dip Recipe
Dessert dips are some of my favorite no bake desserts to make. They're also some of the most popular dessert recipes on the blog because they are easy to make with simple ingredients. Plus, these sweet treats are absolutely delicious!
This easy chocolate pudding dip just an easier way to make our favorite no bake chocolate pudding pie. This delicious dip comes together in minutes and makes a great party dip or a quick dessert anytime.
Ingredients for Chocolate Cream Pie Dip
There are only 4 simple ingredients in this chocolate dip, and you should be able to find them in your grocery store. Full amounts are in the printable recipe card below.
- Instant Pudding mix -- I use Jello instant chocolate pudding mix, but any brand or generic pudding mix works.
- Cold Milk -- I use 2 percent milk, but whole milk will also work.
- Cool Whip -- Make sure it's thawed. You can use any non-dairy whipped topping or make your own whipped cream, although it won't be as fluffy.
- Mini chocolate chips -- for topping the dip. You can also make chocolate shavings with a chocolate bar
How to Make Chocolate Dip with Pudding
First, add the dry pudding mix to a large mixing bowl. Add the milk, and whisk together until well combined and thick. You can use a wire whisk or electric mixer ( hand mixer ) for this part.
Next, slowly fold in the whipped topping using a rubber spatula. It should be smooth and well blended. You will just need about 2 cups of topping for this part. Save the rest for decorating the dip.
Now, you can refrigerate the dip until you are ready to serve. When it's time to serve the dip, just spoon it into a serving bowl. Then, add the remaining whipped topping to the top of the dip, and sprinkle with a few mini chocolate chips!
How to Store the Dip
Store any leftover dip in an airtight container in your refrigerator. Or simply cover the dip with plastic wrap in the serving bowl. It will keep for 3-4 days and can be made ahead of time.
How to Serve
My kids love to eat the dip with Oreo cookies, as the pie version has an Oreo crust. We also serve graham crackers, vanilla wafers, animal crackers and strawberries or other fresh fruits with this sweet dip. You can also add crushed graham cracker crumbs to the top of the dip if you prefer a graham cracker crust.
Make sure you use instant pudding and not cook and serve pudding in this easy dessert recipe.
The whipped topping needs to be completely thawed before using. Let it thaw in the refrigerator for best results.
Use a measuring cup to measure 2 cups from the tub of whipped topping. You can use the leftover topping to decorate the dip.
Chocolate Pudding Pie Dip
- 1 3.9 oz Jell-O Instant Chocolate Pudding box 4.5 cup serving size
- 1 ½ cups cold milk 2 percent or whole
- 2 cups Cool Whip thawed from 8-oz tub
- mini chocolate chips for decoration
- In a large mixing bowl, add the dry instant pudding mix and milk. Whisk together until well combined and thick
- Add 2 cups whipped topping to the pudding mixture. Fold with a rubber spatula until well combined and fluffy
- Spoon into serving bowl, and top with leftover whipped topping and a few mini chocolate chips
- Store in refrigerator until ready to serve
Nutrition information is estimated. Please do your own calculation to fit special diets.
Sign up for the weekly newsletter and follow me on social media for more easy sweet dip recipes and easy recipes anyone can make!