Cannoli Dip is an easy dessert dip with cream cheese, ricotta cheese and mini chocolate chips. An easy recipe for a delicious sweet dip that takes minutes to make! Just add your favorite dippers for an easy party treat.
Creamy cannoli dip tastes like the sweet ricotta filling in homemade cannoli, but it's so much easier to make. If you are fan of these delicious Italian pastries, you will love this easy sweet treat!
I make cannoli dip with cream cheese instead of mascarpone. So, this easy dip is similar to my chocolate chip dip, but the flavor is slightly different due to the addition of ricotta. The flavors are well balanced, and my taste testers and I think this is the best cannoli dip recipe!
If you enjoy dessert dips, try my Reese's Peanut Butter Cheesecake Dip or Cherry Cheesecake Dip. You'll find more no bake desserts recipes in the easy desserts archives.
You only need a few simple ingredients for this easy cannoli dip recipe. They should be easy to find in most grocery stores.
- Cream cheese -- I use full fat cream cheese. Allow it to come to room temperature for easier mixing.
- Vanilla extract -- Adds rich flavor to the dip
- Ricotta cheese -- Used in traditional cannoli and gives the dip it's distinct flavor. Look for either whole milk ricotta or part skim for best results.
- Powdered sugar -- Confectioners' sugar sweetens the dip and helps to thicken it up.
- Mini chocolate chips -- These smaller chips work better than the larger chocolate chips as they are easier to eat.
How to Make Cannoli Dip with Cream Cheese
First, cream the softened cream cheese and vanilla in a large bowl using a hand mixer (electric mixer) or stand mixer until it is smooth and creamy.
Next, add the ricotta cheese, and mix on medium speed until the mixture is well combined.
Then, add the powdered sugar, and mix until the cream cheese mixture is smooth and creamy.
Finally, stir in half of the mini chocolate chips. Use a spatula or large spoon for this part.
Transfer the dip to a serving bowl if you are using it immediately. Top with the remaining chocolate morsels before serving.
Or, refrigerate the dip in an airtight container or covered with plastic wrap until you are ready to serve.
How to Store
Store cannoli dip in an airtight container in your refrigerator for up to 3 days. It starts to separate the longer it sits, but it usually disappears fast!
This dip does not freeze well.
What to Serve with Cannoli Dip
We like to serve cannoli dip with waffle cones as they mimic cannoli shells. Just break them up into smaller pieces. If you can find cannoli chips, use these.
Vanilla wafers, small chocolate chip cookies, pizzelle cookies and graham crackers are also good. I also love fresh fruit, especially strawberries, with this creamy dip!
Authentic cannolis are made with mascarpone cheese in the creamy filling, and you can definitely use this Italian cream cheese in the dip.
Lemon zest or orange zest will add some extra flavor.
You can leave out the miniature chocolate chips or reduce the amount if you're not a fan of chocolate.
Make sure to use room temperature cream cheese. It is so much easier to mix!
Look for whole milk ricotta cheese or part skim. Use a new package of ricotta as it will be less watery than an opened package. You can give it a good stir or strain ricotta to remove excess liquid if necessary.
Be sure to refrigerate this simple dessert within 2 hours of serving as it contains dairy.
Best Cannoli Dip Recipe
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup ricotta cheese whole milk or part skim
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips divided
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the softened cream cheese and vanilla extract using an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth
- Add the ricotta cheese, and mix well
- Gradually mix in the powdered sugar, and mix until well combined and creamy
- Stir in half of the mini chocolate chips using a rubber spatula. Refrigerate until ready to serve, and top with remaining chocolate chips before serving
Nutrition information is estimated. Please do your own calculation to fit special diets.
I hope you enjoy this delicious dip as much we do. Cannoli dip is a super easy dessert recipe and the perfect sweet treat for any occasion.
If you do try this no bake dessert dip, please leave a star rating and/or comment.
For more no bake recipes and simple dip recipes, sign up for the weekly newsletter and follow me on social media.
This dip is so yummy and it was really easy to make. I think I'll try to make it with mascarpone next time....
Thanks! Let me know how it goes.
Saw this and had to try it right away! What a great recipe! Super easy to make too!