Cucumber Tomato Salad with a light lemon dressing is a super easy side dish that takes minutes to make. Enjoy this refreshing salad recipe all summer long!
This cool, refreshing cucumber salad with tomatoes is one of the easiest salads you can make. Just mix up a simple lemony dressing with sliced cucumbers and tomatoes, and you're ready to eat!
It's lighter than Creamy Cucumber Salad and everyone's favorite Potato Salad. And since it's dairy free, like Easy Three Bean Salad, it's a better choice if you're planning on a picnic or eating outside.
To make this salad even easier, I use English cucumbers, which do not need to be peeled. And, I use grape or cherry tomatoes that just need to be sliced in half.
How to Make Cucumber Tomato Salad
First, you mix the dressing. This is a simple vinaigrette dressing consisting of olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
If you don't have lemons, you can use any white vinegar, red wine vinegar or even apple cider vinegar. You can also sub vegetable oil or for the olive oil.
Want to make the dressing even easier? Add a splash of your favorite Italian salad dressing!
Slice your cucumbers and tomatoes. Then, add them to a large serving bowl.
Since my kids don't like raw onions in salad, I don't use them in this side dish. You can throw in some chopped purple onions if you like them.
Pour the dressing over the salad, and mix well. Add some chopped parsley or fresh basil for extra flavor if you can.
Cover, and pop the salad into the fridge until you're ready to eat. Easy peasy!
I recommend tasting the salad before serving to see if it needs a little more salt or pepper. The flavors develop as the salad sits, so it's best to check right before you eat.
Can you Make this Salad Ahead of Time?
You sure can! The flavors get even better as it sits, so making the salad up to a day in advance is fine.
If you do make the salad ahead of time, add any fresh herbs before serving. Otherwise, they get kind of soggy.
Easy Cucumber Tomato Salad Recipe
Cucumber Tomato Salad
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 English cucumbers thinly sliced
- 10 ounces grape tomatoes cut in half
- Whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, sea salt and black pepper together in a small bowl. Stir in the Italian seasoning, and taste to see if you prefer more salt or pepper
- Add sliced cucumbers and tomatoes to a large serving bowl, and pour dressing over. Mix well
- Add chopped parsley or basil, if desired. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Taste again before serving, and adjust seasoning, if necessary