Easy Chocolate Crinkle Cookies made with cake mix and Cool Whip are fudgy, chewy and filled with mini chocolate chips. You’ll love this easy dessert!
Want to indulge in some serious chocolate therapy? The kids and I whipped up these easy chocolate crinkle cookies today, and they were amazingly good. And, the best part is they are super quick and easy to make!
Some of you may have heard of this cake mix cookie recipe before, but it might be new to some of you. And, that’s why I’m sharing it here.
We had one box of chocolate cake mix, and I thought I would use it to make cookies instead of another cake. I have a few cake mix cookie recipes that use Cool Whip instead of oil and water, so I decided to make chocolate Cool Whip cookies.
If you want to make some easy chocolate crinkle cookies, you’ll need:
- One box of your favorite chocolate cake mix
- One small container of Cool Whip
- One egg
- Powdered sugar
- Mini chocolate chips
How to Make Cookies with Cool Whip and Chocolate Cake Mix
All you have to do is combine the cake mix, Cool Whip, egg and cinnamon. Then, add the chocolate chips, and mix well. Actually, the cinnamon and chocolate chips are optional, but I think they add a little something to the taste.
Next, scoop up a teaspoonful or so of dough and roll it in the powdered sugar until it’s well coated. A word of warning here — The dough is very messy.
I think the hardest part of the recipe was getting the chocolate goo off of our hands. But, that’s a minor annoyance, and you won’t mind once you taste these little morsels!
Then place the dough ball on a lightly greased cookie sheet. You can also line the baking sheet with foil, parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
The texture is soft and cakey, the edges are just slightly crisp, and the powdered sugar adds an extra bit of sweetness — awesome. We made the cookies this afternoon, and as of tonight, there are still a few left — amazing!
Have you ever made Cool Whip cookies, or are you more of a purist when it comes to baking? I love baking from scratch, but I also enjoy a shortcut now and then.
Pin this recipe to save it!
More Easy Cake Mix Cookie Recipes
- Easy Lemon Crinkle Cookies
- Easy Strawberry Crinkle Cookies
- Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
- Spring Cake Mix Cookies
- Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe for Easy Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
Easy Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, mix together the cake mix, Cool Whip, egg and cinnamon until fully combined
- Stir in mini chocolate chips
- Place the powdered sugar in a small bowl
- Scoop the cookie batter into tablespoon sized balls and roll them into the powdered sugar until evenly coated
- Place the covered balls of dough onto a baking tray covered with either foil or a silicon baking mat, making sure each ball is roughly 2 inches apart from each other. Top the cookies off with additional mini chocolate chips, if desired
- Place the tray in the oven for 10-12 minutes, or until edges are firm. Allow the cookies to cool for 10 minutes before serving. Store the cookies in a covered container or on a covered plate.
I hope you enjoy these cake mix cookies as much as we do!
Recipe was originally published in 2014 and updated in 2019