Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies are soft, chewy and super easy to make. Top with peanut butter candy for an extra special treat!
I made these easy chocolate cake mix cookies for the kiddos to celebrate a smooth first two weeks of school. It’s the little things that count, right?
My daughter recently got braces and is still at the everything-needs-to-be-soft-enough-to-eat stage. And, that’s never a problem when you make cookies from cake mix! Seriously, these are the softest cookies on the planet!
Cake mix cookies are also incredibly easy to make. Quick, too! And, this makes them a perfect choice when you need a quick and easy treat or dessert.
As much as I love baking cookies from scratch, sometimes you need a shortcut — like when you decide to surprise your kids with freshly baked cookies at the last minute, but you don’t have enough flour. True story!
How to make chocolate cookies from cake mix
Like I said, cake mix chocolate cookies, or actually, any cake mix cookies are super easy to make. It’s just like using a boxed cake mix for a cake, only the ingredient are slightly different.
Normally, boxed mixes call for using oil, but I always use butter for cake mix cookies — cakes, too! And you can use whipped topping to make easy crinkle cookies!
I kept these chocolate cookies super simple. Right before they went into the oven, I added some peanut butter m&m candies to the top. They add a nice pop of color and the kids love the taste of chocolate and peanut butter!
You bake these cake mix cookies for about 12 minutes, or just when the edges start to firm up and the tops crack a little.
Mmmm — soft, chewy chocolate cookies are perfect for dunking in a tall glass of cold milk. Yum!
Looking for more cake mix cookie recipes?
- Easy Strawberry Crinkle Cookies
- Peppermint Mocha Cookies
- Pumpkin Spice Cookies
- Spring Cake Mix Cookies
- Easy Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Lemon Crinkle Cookies
Recipe for Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
- 2 eggs
- 1 15.25-ounce box chocolate cake mix
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 2 teaspoons milk
- m&m candy for decoration, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl, add the eggs, and lightly beat with fork
- Add the cake mix, melted butter and milk, and mix well
- Use a tablespoon to scoop batter out and drop on baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches between cookies
- Top with candy, if using, and bake for 12 minutes or until edges are firm and tops are slightly cracked
- Remove from oven, allow to cool slightly, then remove cookies from baking sheets, and allow to cool completely on a wire rack or counter
I hope you enjoy these chewy chocolate cake mix cookies as much as we do!