Easy Doritos Casserole recipe is made with layered ground beef, cheese, salsa and Doritos tortilla chips. It’s a fast, simple dinner that everyone loves!
This layered Doritos casserole is the kind of recipe you make when you’re craving easy comfort food and you happen to find an unopened bag of Doritos in your pantry. It’s easy, cheesy, crunchy, super flavorful and just plain delicious!
Nacho cheese Doritos are seriously addictive, which is exactly why I don’t usually have them in the house. Somehow, these cheesy chips found their way in, so I used them to make a Mexican ground beef casserole– kind of like a taco bake or Southwestern Lasagna.
This easy dinner is made with seasoned ground beef, cheese, cream cheese and salsa — and of course, Doritos! A lot of recipes for ground beef casseroles use a can of cream soup, but this one doesn’t. I don’t think you need it since you get creaminess from the cream cheese and the shredded cheese.
How to Make a Layered Doritos Casserole
Start out by browning the ground beef and chopped jalapeno peppers in a large skillet. If you don’t have fresh jalapeno peppers, you can use a can of Ro-Tel or a can of jalapeno peppers.
You can also leave the peppers out completely if you want a milder casserole. My kids love spice, but not everyone does.
I use my favorite spices for my own taco seasoning, but you can use a package of taco seasoning if that’s easier. Just mix it into the beef, add some water, and then stir in the cream cheese.
Crush up some Doritos, and put them into a greased casserole dish. You want them crushed into smaller pieces, but don’t crush them up too fine.
Next, layer the ground beef, cheese and salsa over the Doritos, and repeat the layers until everything is used up. You should end with crushed Doritos and shredded cheese on top.
Pop the casserole into the oven for about 15 minutes, and that is it, my friends! Perfect when you need comfort food in a hurry!
Serve this easy ground beef dinner with:
- Sour cream
- Diced tomatoes
- Lettuce or salad
Pin to Save this Recipe
Easy Doritos Casserole Recipe with Ground Beef
Easy Doritos Casserole
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 jalapeno pepper finely chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onions
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- Doritos tortilla chips (about 4 cups crushed) use as much as you need
- 3 cups shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
- 2 cups salsa use your favorite here
- Brown the ground beef and jalapeno pepper in a large skillet
- Drain grease if necessary, and add salt, garlic powder, cumin, smoked paprika, minced onions, chili powder and pepper
- Stir in water, and simmer until well combined
- Stir in cream cheese and cook until well blended. Remove from heat
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Spray a medium casserole dish with cooking spray, then add enough crushed Doritos to cover the bottom of the dish
- Layer half of the ground beef mixture over the Doritos, then add 1 cup shredded cheese and 1 cup of salsa
- Repeat layers, ending with crushed Doritos, followed by shredded cheese on top
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until bubbly and cheese is melted
I hope you enjoy this easy cheesy Doritos casserole bake as much as we do!