Glazed Lemon Blueberry Muffins bursting with fresh blueberries and topped with a light glaze are moist, fluffy and easy to make. The BEST blueberry muffin recipe ever!
If you’re looking for an easy blueberry muffin recipe, you’re going to love this one! This recipe for lemon blueberry muffins makes light, fluffy muffins that aren’t heavy at all.
They’re a little tart, a little sweet, and simply delicious. Everyone loves them!
My kids love having muffins for breakfast, and we usually bake a batch or two on the weekends. We usually serve them with eggs and either air fryer sausage or bacon and save the leftover muffins for the rest of the week.
It’s a huge timesaver during school days and a nice treat during the summer — whenever the kids happen to wake up!
How to Make Lemon Blueberry Muffins with Lemon Glaze
We’ve been making these blueberry muffins for years. You can see the step by step process in the video, but it’s very simple. You can also use the same basic recipe to make cranberry lemon muffins.
Just mix your dry ingredients in one bowl. Then, mix your wet ingredients in a larger bowl, and pour the dry ingredients into the wet mix.
Use a hand mixer or a stand mixer to blend the batter so that it’s nice and smooth. Then, fold in some ripe, juicy blueberries!
I highly recommend parchment or paper muffin tin liners. The blueberry juice bubbles out of the muffins, and things get messy!
These quick and easy muffins take just about 15 minutes to bake — 18 minutes tops. I also top the muffins with a little bit of lemon glaze and zest for an extra burst of flavor. This step is optional, but it really enhances the flavor.
You can really taste the lemon, but it’s not overly powerful. And, it makes the tops nice and glossy, which makes you want to dig right in!
Have a bunch of lemons to use up? Try our favorite Creamy Lemon Chicken Piccata! It’s super easy and absolutely delicious!
Can I use frozen blueberries instead of fresh?
I love fresh blueberries, but you can make these muffins with frozen blueberries if you want.
Glazed Lemon Blueberry Muffins
For the Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ cup vegetable oil, coconut oil, or melted butter
- 1 cup milk I used 2 percent
- 1 egg
- 2 ½ teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 6 oz fresh blueberries washed and any stems removed
For the Glaze
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the flour, sugar, sea salt and baking powder, and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the egg slightly, and stir in the oil, milk and lemon zest.
- Stir in the lemon juice
- Pour the liquid mixture into the flour mixture, and mix with a hand mixer until batter is smooth
- Stir in the blueberries
- Pour batter into lined muffin cups, and bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center of muffins comes out clean
- Remove from oven, and set aside
- In a small bowl, mix the lemon juice with the powdered sugar, and lightly drizzle glaze over the tops of the muffins. Add extra zest if you have it
Recipe was published first in 2016 and last updated in 2021.