Glazed Lemon Strawberry Muffins are bursting with fresh, ripe strawberries and topped with a tangy sweet lemon glaze. They’re easy to make and perfect for a spring breakfast or brunch!
Who doesn’t love a delicious homemade muffin for breakfast?! If you’re crazy about the combination of lemon and strawberries, you’ll love these tasty lemon strawberry muffins!
My kids love muffins, so I like to make a batch or two on the weekend and save some for a quick grab-and-go breakfast during the week. They’re perfect for busy mornings, especially if we’re running late. And, I get to have a muffin with my morning coffee, so it’s definitely a win-win situation!
Anyway, one of my most popular posts happens to be an easy recipe for lemon blueberry muffins. We make them most often during blueberry season or when we have extra lemons to use up — like now.
The Hubs brought home a bunch of lemons that one of his coworkers had given him, so I’ve been making as many lemon recipes as possible, like Instant Pot Whole Chicken, Sheet Pan Lemon Chicken and Instant Pot Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup .
Since it’s not blueberry season yet, I decided to use our favorite recipe for lemon blueberry muffins and substitute fresh strawberries, instead. I don’t know if you have strawberries in season where you are yet, but I sure hope you do!
We have some perfectly ripe, red strawberries in the stores now, so using these in place of the blueberries was easy. I had one of my sous chefs cut a few up, and we mixed them into the batter.
We even added a few more strawberries to the muffin tops for an extra pop of color. A few more strawberries are always a good thing, right!
The muffins take about 15 to 20 minutes to bake, depending upon your oven. I start testing them at 15 minutes, but by 20 minutes, they’re definitely ready!
And for a little extra flavor, we top these babies off with a simple glaze made with powdered sugar and lemon juice. I also like to add a sprinkle of lemon zest over the top.
And there you have it — gorgeous, colorful glazed lemon strawberry muffins. Don’t they look amazing? And honestly, you guys, they taste even better than they look!
Recipe for Glazed Lemon Strawberry Muffins
Glazed Lemon Strawberry Muffins
Easy glazed lemon strawberry muffins are bursting with fresh, ripe strawberries and topped with a tangy sweet lemon sugar glaze. They're perfect for spring breakfast or brunch!
For the Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup milk I used 2 percent
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, washed and cut
For the Glaze
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the flour, sugar, sea salt and baking powder, and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the egg slightly, and stir in the coconut oil, milk and lemon zest.
- Stir in the lemon juice
- Pour the liquid mixture into the flour mixture, and mix with a hand mixer until batter is smooth
Stir in the strawberries
- Pour batter into lined muffin cups, and bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center of muffins comes out clean
Remove from oven, allow to cool slightly, then remove from muffin tin, and set aside
- In a small bowl, mix the lemon juice with the powdered sugar, and lightly drizzle glaze over the tops of the muffins
Melted butter or vegetable oil can be substituted for the coconut oil
Enjoy these muffins for weekend breakfast or brunch, and definitely save a few to enjoy during the week. They freeze well, too!
Looking for more easy muffin recipes?
- Glazed Lemon Blueberry Muffins
- Zucchini Banana Muffins
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins
- Lemon Cranberry Muffins
- Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
- Easy 2 Ingredient Banana Muffins
My family is crazy about these easy glazed lemon strawberry muffins. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!