Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese is creamy, cheesy and a little spicy. It's an easy dinner recipe perfect for game day and fall potlucks!
It always amazes me when I hear people say Instant Pot recipes are bland. Seriously?! Friends, this Instant Pot mac and cheese recipe is packed with flavor!
As much as I love my traditional creamy mac and cheese recipe and my usual creamy Instant Pot mac and cheese recipe, I may just love this Buffalo mac and cheese even more. Why? Well, I pretty much love any recipe with Buffalo sauce, and it really does take the usual homemade macaroni and cheese to the next level.
I'm on a roll with the Buffalo recipes lately, but hey -- it's almost fall, y'all! Last week, I shared an easy Buffalo chicken dip recipe and a way to use up leftovers with Buffalo chicken wonton cups. So, Instant Pot Buffalo mac and cheese was next on the list!
The great thing about Buffalo chicken mac and cheese is that you can control the heat level by adjusting the amount of Buffalo sauce. And, you can turn this into a creamy easy baked mac and cheese recipe if you want!
How to make Buffalo chicken mac and cheese in the Instant Pot
To make Buffalo chicken mac and cheese in the pressure cooker, you cut up some chicken and cook it in the Instant Pot until it's no longer pink.
Normally, I would use olive oil or vegetable oil here, but since we're channeling all things Buffalo, I used butter, instead.
Then, you add a little Buffalo sauce, like Franks.
Next, add the macaroni, water and more butter. Then, pressure cook it!
After the chicken and pasta cook, add a little more Buffalo sauce, cheese and cream, and stir it all up. If you want to make Buffalo chicken ranch pasta, you can use ranch dressing instead of the cream.
Instant Pot Buffalo chicken pasta is perfect for game day and fall potlucks -- or whenever you're craving some creamy, cheesy, Buffalo mac and cheese!
Looking for more Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken recipes?
Recipe for Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed (2 large)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup Buffalo sauce, divided
- 1 pound elbow macaroni pasta
- 4 cups water
- ½ cup heavy cream or ranch dressing
- 3 ½ cups shredded colby jack cheese
- Hit SAUTE on Instant Pot, and when it reads HOT, add 2 tablespoons butter and chicken. Sprinkle with sea salt, and cook chicken until no longer pink, stirring frequently
- Pour ¼ cup hot sauce over chicken, stir, then hit CANCEL to turn pressure cooker off
- Add uncooked macaroni and 2 tablespoons butter over chicken, then pour water over and around macaroni
- Place lid on Instant Pot, turn valve to Sealing position, and hit PRESSURE COOK for 4 minutes. Pot will take about 10 minutes to pressurize, then cook for 4 minutes
- When pot beeps, do a gradual quick release to reduce liquid from spraying out of pot. When pin drops, remove lid, and stir
- Stir in remaining ¼ cup of hot Buffalo sauce, ½ cup heavy cream, (or ranch) and gradually add cheese, 1 cup at a time, stirring well after each cup is added
Nutrition information is estimated. Please do your own calculation to fit special diets.
I hope you enjoy this easy Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese recipe as much as we do!
What type of buffalo sauce do you use?
I usually use Frank's Buffalo Sauce.
Jane Suh says
I love this recipe.
made it just today.
All the flavors are there.
Much better than takeout, and much cheaper to.
Thank you so much, Jane. I'm glad you enjoyed the recipe!
dawn fulton says
I have made this recipe at least three times! I made it tonight and I just wanted to thank you for this recipe... it never misses! I used pasta shells this time holds the chicken and cheese just right!
Thank you so much, Dawn! I'm happy to hear this!
Maddie Bender says
Absolutely delicious and easy!!
Thanks, Maddie. I'm so happy you liked it!