Make homemade Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup in the pressure cooker in 30 minutes. This quick and easy chicken soup recipe requires minimal prep work and tastes like you cooked it all day!
Homemade chicken soup from a whole chicken is the ultimate comfort food, right? Making healthy chicken soup from scratch is the best thing, but homemade chicken noodle soup with prepared broth is perfect in a pinch!
So, my family has been passing around whatever sickness is going around right now. You know how that goes. My kids may not be the best at sharing toys and games, but they are always super generous with sharing germs!
With kids, you never know when they're going to get sick. One day, my daughter was fine in the morning, but after school she was feeling unwell enough to request soup for dinner. And, you guys, pressure cooker soup is perfect for those crazy days!
I made this easy chicken soup in the Instant Pot three times in the last couple of weeks, and it's one of the easiest Instant Pot recipes ever! It's practically a dump and go kind of Instant Pot chicken soup recipe, since you just add everything to the pressure cooker and let it do the work for you.
There's no cutting meat, sauteeing veggies or anything like that. You do have to chop up your veggies, but you can chop them in bigger pieces, and this takes me about 5 minutes -- tops!
How to make easy Instant Pot chicken noodle soup
I did try browning the chicken before pressure cooking it time, but honestly, we didn't like it that way. We prefer the texture of shredded chicken, so this works for us. If you want, you can cut and brown the chicken before adding the rest of the ingredients. Just do whatever works best for your family!
For this Instant Pot chicken soup recipe, I used one thigh and two chicken breasts. Personally, I prefer using a chicken breast to make easy chicken noodle soup. It's a texture thing.
But, the Hubs loves dark meat, and I have to admit that it does add extra flavor -- a little compromise, ya know? But you can use all white meat or all dark, if that works for you.
How long do you cook easy chicken soup in the pressure cooker?
For this recipe, not long at all! When the soup is done cooking, which takes all of 10 minutes once the pot comes to pressure, remove the meat and add some uncooked egg noodles.
I usually hit the saute setting to cook the noodles while I shred up the chicken. Then, I just add the chicken back into the Instant Pot right before serving.
That's it, friends. Soup's on!
Looking for more easy Chicken Soup Recipes?
Recipe for Easy Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 boneless skinless chicken thigh
- 1 ½ teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup baby carrots, cut in large pieces
- 2 stalks celery chopped, plus celery leaves
- 2 32-ounce cartons organic low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 3 cups uncooked egg noodles
- Place the chicken breasts and thigh on the bottom of the inner pot of the pressure cooker
- Season with sea salt, garlic and pepper
- Add the onions, carrots and celery
- Add the chicken broth, dried dill and Italian seasoning
- Cover, turn vent to SEALING position, and hit PRESSURE COOK for 10 minutes
- Allow a natural release for 5 minutes, then hit CANCEL, and do a quick release. Remove chicken and add egg noodles. Press SAUTE to boil noodles until soft or allow noodles to cook in hot soup for firmer texture
- Meanwhile, shred chicken into large pieces, using 2 forks. Return to soup, and serve when noodles are done
Nutrition information is estimated. Please do your own calculation to fit special diets.
I hope you enjoy this easy Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup as much as we do!