Lucky Charms Marshmallow Treats are no bake cereal treats made with melted marshmallows and Lucky Charms cereal. An easy recipe for a fun after school snack or quick dessert!
Lucky Charms treats are a fun twist on everyone's favorite Rice Krispie treats. You make this Lucky Charms marshmallow treats recipe the same way, only with a box of Lucky Charms instead of Rice Krispies.
You can never have too many no bake dessert recipes. These delicious cereal bars are a fun treat for St. Patrick's Day or a class party. We even added a little extra rainbow colored sprinkles to the top!
You only need a few simple ingredients to make Lucky Charm Treats. Look for them in your grocery store if you don't already have them at home.
- Marshmallows -- use mini marshmallows, regular marshmallows or jumbo marshmallows
- Lucky Charms cereal -- generic brands are fine, too
- Butter -- either salted butter or unsalted butter
- Vanilla extract -- adds flavor
- Optional -- rainbow colored sprinkles for St Pat's Day
How to Make Lucky Charms Treats
First, melt the marshmallows. You can do this on the stove top in a large saucepan or in the microwave using a microwave-safe bowl.
We prefer the microwave method.
Microwave marshmallows in 30-second increments, and stir after each increment. Stir in the vanilla when marshmallows are melted.
Next, add the cereal and mix well. We usually add a cup or 2 of cereal at a time to make mixing easier.
Tip -- spray the rubber spatula with non stick cooking spray so it won't stick !
When the cereal mixture is thoroughly blended, gently press the mixture into a prepared baking dish or casserole dish.
Don't press the marshmallow mixture down too hard. If the bars are too thin, they dry out faster and are too crispy!
We like to add a few more of the colorful marshmallows to the top of the treats for a double dose of marshmallows. Adds a pop of color and extra crunch.
You can also add the sprinkles if you are making these Lucky Charms rice krispie treats for a fun St. Patrick's day dessert.
Allow this sweet treat to firm up before cutting. 30 minutes should be enough time. You can also pop the cereal bars into the refrigerator to speed up the process!
How To Store
Store the cereal treats in an airtight container at room temperature. You can keep this tasty treat in the refrigerator if your house is warm.
Just be sure to let the bars come to room temperature before eating this gooey marshmallow treat.
You can buy a box of Lucky Charms marshmallows without cereal, if you don't want to spend time picking through the cereal for extra marshmallows.
This is my kids' favorite cereal, so they don't mind.
Dip the Lucky Charms bars into melted candy coating or melted white chocolate chips for a different flavor. You can also drizzle melted white chocolate or candy coating for more of a rainbow effect.
Spray the baking dish with non stick cooking spray or grease with butter for easier removal.
Spray the spatula or your hands with non stick spray to prevent the gooey marshmallows from sticking while you work with marshmallow mixture.
Always use fresh marshmallows for best results!
Don't press the cereal mixture down too hard into the pan. The treats will be thinner and may dry out faster.
Lucky Charms Marshmallow Treats
- 6 cups Lucky Charms Cereal or generic brand
- 10 oz marshmallows
- 5 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Rainbow sprinkles (optional)
- Melt marshmallows and butter in large microwaveable bowl in microwave in 30 second increments, stirring after each 30-second increment until melted
- When marshmallows are melted, stir in the vanilla extract. Stir in the cereal, one cup at a time, and mix well.
- When the cereal is fully mixed with the marshmallows, press gently into a 13 X 9 baking dish, sprayed with non stick cooking spray. Top with extra marshmallow shapes and sprinkles if desired
- Allow to cool and firm up for 20-30 minutes before cutting into squares
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature
Nutrition information is estimated. Please do your own calculation to fit special diets.
I hope you enjoy these easy Lucky Charms marshmallow treats as much as we do. But beware -- these easy treats disappear like magic, especially on St Patrick's Day!
If you do make this easy no bake recipe, please leave a star rating and/or comment.
For more easy desserts and easy recipes everyone loves, sign up for the weekly newsletter and follow along on social media.