Easy Apple Jacks Marshmallow Treats use only 5 ingredients and take just a few minutes to make. It’s a no bake dessert for kids of all ages!
We’ve been having super hot temperatures lately — We’re talking around the 120 degree mark! Not fun, but it happens every year around this time, so c’est la vie, right?! So, I’ve been sticking with easy, no-bake desserts, such as these easy Apple Jacks Marshmallow Treats. That’s right — crispy cereal bars made from Apple Jacks!
Here’s the funny part about this recipe — The Hubs and I had the exact same idea. Isn’t that weird?! We were picking up some groceries, when I noticed the Apple Jacks on the shelf. The kids don’t get sugary cereal for breakfast, but I thought that it would be fun to try and make a treat with them, and Hubby actually said it out loud before I did.
That’s what happens when you’ve been married for a billion years like we have, and so I just had to make them!
I make Rice Krispies treats and other no bake cereal bars all the time when it’s warm out. Here are a few of them:
- Spring Marshmallow Krispy Treats
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheerios Bars
- Peanut Butter Honey Oat Cereal Bars
This recipe is similar to those. Actually, it’s most like the Marshmallow Krispy Treats, only you use Apple Jacks cereal instead of Rice Krispies. I made a few other minor adjustments with this one, and these no bake treats are just plain yummy!
They’re also super easy. In fact, my youngest daughter made a second batch all by herself since the first batch somehow disappeared overnight. That happens frequently around here, although no one can tell me exactly how it happens!
The kids just loved these marshmallow treats, and when you first make them, it’s fun to pull them apart. They’re very stretchy and super ooey gooey!
They’re also pretty sweet, so when the kids asked if they could have them for breakfast, my answer was definitely no.
But they’re perfect for an easy no-bake dessert!
How to Make Apple Jacks Marshmallow Treats
Apple Jacks Marshmallow Treats
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 10 ounce bag of miniature marshmallows
- 7 cups of Apple Jacks cereal
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- On medium heat, melt the butter and the marshmallows in a large sauce pan, stirring frequently with a spatula.
- When marshmallows are completely melted, turn off heat and stir in the cinnamon and vanilla extract.
- Add the cereal, and stir until fully combined.
- Spread the mixture in a buttered 13x9-inch baking dish, and press down with spatula until even.
- Refrigerate until the cereal is firm, and then cut into squares.