These Spring Marshmallow Krispie Treats are made with crispy rice cereal, marshmallows and pastel m & m candies. They’re easy to make and perfect for a fun snack or a quick dessert. Your family will love them!
Even if the weather isn’t quite playing fair, spring is definitely on its way. I guess if there’s any question about what season it is, you can always tell by browsing your local store, right? The Easter candy is on the shelves already, and actually, our local Target had it stocked along with Valentine’s Day candy. So the other day, I picked up some pretty pastel M & M’s, and since it’s still early, I did what any sensible mom would do — I hid them from the kids!
But then I felt selfish, so I brought the candy out of hiding, and the younger kids and I whipped up a batch of these Spring Marshmallow Krispie Treats — just because sharing is fun!
We’re just slightly addicted to Rice Krispies treats in our home, and since this is such an easy recipe, I make them very frequently. I let the younger kids stir the marshmallow mixture, even though they have to use a step stool to actually see what they’re stirring!
We usually make plain krispie treats, but adding the pastel M & M’s gives them an extra special touch that’s perfect for spring! And of course, you can easily make these for any season by simply changing the candy. Easy, peasy!
I bought a small bag of Market Pantry mini marshmallows once, just because they were cheaper than the name brand, and these are now my go-to marshmallows for this recipe. Why? Well, they don’t stick to the pan like some brands, and that’s a big plus. I just tweaked the recipe on the bag a little.
When the mixture is slightly cool, press in the candies over the top of the cereal.
Looking for more no bake desserts made with dry cereal?
- Apple Jacks Marshmallow Bars
- Chocolate peanut butter Cheerios bars
- Peanut butter honey oat cereal bars
- No bake chocolate peanut butter bars
How to Make Spring Marshmallow Krispie Treats
Spring Marshmallow Krispie Treats
- 6 cups Rice Krispies or any crisp rice cereal
- 1 10-oz bag of your favorite brand of mini marshmallows
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pastel M & M's or other candies for decoration
- In a large pan, melt the butter and mini marshmallows together over low heat. Stir frequently, or you can have some little helpers do this for you.
- When marshmallows are melted, stir in the vanilla extract, and remove from heat.
- Add the cereal, one cup at a time, and stir after each cup is added.
- When the cereal is fully mixed with the marshmallows, spoon into a buttered 13x9-inch baking pan.
- When the mixture is slightly cool, press in the candies over the top of the cereal.
- Refrigerate until firm, and enjoy!