Mini Egg Cookies are chocolate chip cookies with Cadbury mini eggs. These cute Easter cookies are a great addition to your Easter desserts menu and an easy treat the whole family will love!
If you are looking for an easy Easter treat or a new addition to your Easter dessert table, try these adorable Cadbury mini egg cookies.
This is a basic chocolate chip cookie recipe with crushed mini eggs added into the cookie dough and more candy eggs on top. With the extra chocolate, it's pretty much the perfect cookie!
Here are the ingredients you need for this Easter cookie recipe. The exact amounts are in the printable recipe card below. You can find them in your grocery store.
- Cadbury mini eggs -- or your favorite Easter candy eggs. You will need some for the dough and some to add to the top of the cookies
- Flour -- all purpose flour works best
- Cinnamon -- ground cinnamon for extra flavor
- Baking soda
- Butter --salted butter or unsalted butter. Use room temperature butter for best results. Not cold butter or melted butter
- Brown sugar -- light brown sugar or dark brown sugar.
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Semi sweet chocolate chips
How to Make Cadbury Mini Egg Cookies
First, you need to crush up the mini egg candy. The best way to do this so the eggs don't get completely crushed is to add them to a large freezer bag.
Then, gently use the flat end of a meat mallet to break them up. A rolling pin will also work.
Next, combine the dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Set aside. Then, in a large mixing bowl, cream the butter with an electric mixer on medium speed.
You can use a stand mixer with a paddle attachment if you prefer.
Then, add the brown sugar and white sugar and mix until creamy. Add the vanilla extract and eggs.
Next, gradually add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients. Mix the ingredients on low speed, working up to medium speed as the ingredients are blended.
Then, stir in the chocolate chips and the crushed candy eggs using a spatula or large spoon.
Place the bowl into the refrigerator for 15-30 minutes to chill the dough. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees f.
Line baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil for easier clean up. Or use silicone baking mats.
Use a cookie scoop or tablespoon to scoop the dough up and place cookie balls on the parchment-paper lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
I like to place more crushed eggs on top of the cookie dough balls. It's a lot of candy, but the taste is worth it!
Bake the cookies for 9-12 minutes or until the edges are firm and golden brown. The exact baking time may vary with individual ovens.
Do not over bake the cookies. They will firm up as they cool.
How to Store
Allow the cookies to cool completely. Then, place cookies in an airtight container. They should stay fresh for about 5 days at room temperature.
A slice of bread in the container will help keep these soft chewy cookies fresh longer!
You can freeze the cookies for up to 3 months for best taste. You can make the dough ahead of time and freeze the dough balls until ready to use.
Expert Tips for Perfect Cookies
Be careful not to crush the mini eggs up too much. You want large enough pieces for best taste and texture.
Chilling the dough helps prevent cookies from spreading out too much while baking. If your kitchen is cold, you can skip this part. The first batch always tends to spread a little, though.
Use a cookie scoop for evenly sized cookies.
You can use the glass trick to help cookies puff up after baking. Just place a drinking glass over the baked cookies and swirl it around a couple of times. The cookies should stay nice and round.
Add whole mini eggs to the top of the Cadbury egg cookies after baking for extra chocolate flavor.
Use milk chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips instead of semi sweet.
Make double chocolate chip mini eggs cookies for a different flavor. You can use my double chocolate chip cookies recipe.
Mini Egg Cookies Recipe
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar firmly packed
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mini eggs crushed
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and sea salt until evenly combined. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter until smooth.
- Add the brown sugar and white sugar and cream together until well combined.
- Mix in the vanilla extract.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each egg is added.
- Gradually add in the flour mixture and mix until completely blended.
- Crush the mini eggs and add them and the semi sweet chocolate chips into the dough.
- Refrigerate dough for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Drop tablespoon sized balls of dough onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, leaving two inches between each dough ball. Top with extra crushed up mini eggs.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes (depending on your oven), or until edges are just slightly brown. Do not over bake.
- Remove from oven, top with even more crushed mini eggs if desired, allow to cool slightly, then transfer to cool surface or baking rack to cool completely.
Nutrition information is estimated. Please do your own calculation to fit special diets.
I hope you get a chance to try these delicious Easter cookies. My family says these truly are the best Cadbury mini egg cookies!
If you do try this easy recipe, please leave a star rating and/or comment.
For more easy cookie recipes, holiday recipes and easy desserts, sign up for the weekly newsletter and follow on social media.