Oreo Poke Cake is filled with Oreo pudding and crushed sandwich cookies and topped with an easy Cool Whip frosting. An easy dessert for kids of all ages!
If you’re looking for an easy dessert for Oreo lovers, you need to make this delicious super easy Oreo Poke Cake! It’s basically a chocolate cake stuffed with Oreo pudding and Oreo cookies and topped with even more Oreos. Completely over the top but soooo good!
Let me start by saying that this is in no way, shape or form and diet recipe, although you probably guessed that by looking at the picture! I know I just shared a recipe for poke cake last week, but the kids requested an OREO Poke Cake for dessert the other day, so of course, I just had to comply with their wishes.
We’ve been having light desserts all summer long, but even though it’s still hot as anything outside, sometimes, you just gotta indulge. And this poke cake stays nice and cool in the fridge, so it’s a wonderful dessert to enjoy even in warm weather.
How to Make an Oreo Poke Cake
Like I said, I didn’t even attempt to keep the calories low in this chocolate poke cake. I used devil’s food cake mix, but you can use a chocolate cake from scratch if you want. When the cake was mostly cool, the kids poked holes all over the cake.
Since we’ve been making so many poke cake recipes, we’ve been mixing up the way we poke holes in the cake. Since this cake will have crushed cookies in it, we used a mix of large and small holes so that the cookies would fit into the holes.
Next, we made some Oreo instant pudding and added some crushed Oreo cookies to it. If you can’t find Oreo pudding, you can use vanilla pudding and add crushed cookies to that. Then, we poured the mixture all over the cake.
Spread the pudding mixture over the cake, using a spatula. Be sure to get the pudding into the holes.
We topped the cake off with Cool Whip and even more of those tasty crushed chocolate sandwich cookies, plus a little chocolate syrup. I think if you’re going to make an OREO poke cake, you need to all out!
Pin this recipe to save it!
More Easy Poke Cake Recipes
- Butterfinger Poke Cake
- Milky Way Poke Cake
- Strawberry Jello Poke Cake
- Red White and Blue Poke Cake
- Strawberry Poke Cake with Fluffy Frosting
- Pumpkin Spice Poke Cake
OREO Poke Cake Recipe
Oreo Poke Cake
- 1 box of devil's food cake mix
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 ¼ cup water
- 1 5-oz box instant oreo pudding
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 8-oz container of whipped topping
- 20 crushed OREOs if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Mix the cake mix, melted butter, olive oil, eggs and water in a medium sized bowl. Pour the mixture into a greased 9x13 pan.
- Bake the cake for 25-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean, and let it cool
- Poke holes all over cake with a large straw or handle of wooden spoon, or both
- Mix pudding and milk, and allow to thicken slightly. Then stir in about half the crushed OREOs, and pour over top of the cake, making sure that enough of the mixture gets in the holes.
- Spread whipped topping over cake and sprinkle the remaining crushes OREOs over the top. Let it cool completely in refrigerator before serving
Do you want to know what makes this cake taste even better? Serving generous portions while your kids chant O-Ree-O, O-Reee-Yo to the tune of the song sung by the witch’s guards in the Wizard of Oz. Yep, we’re a crazy bunch!
I know there are tons of OREO poke cake recipes floating around out there. Have you ever made one? The Hubs and I enjoyed our little slices, and of course, the kiddos practically inhaled theirs. But, because it’s so rich, we did manage to stretch it out for three desserts!
I hope you enjoy this Oreo Poke Cake as much as we do!
Recipe was originally published in 2015 and updated in 2019